I've noticed that my curiosity about what music other people listen to, has increased lately. I'm at the gym and I see someone with their iPod and I think, "hmm.... wonder what they're listening to." Or I see the older gentleman that always gives out candy (he's not SCARY or anything, just always has a bag of candy - at the gym - yeah I know, weird. Kinda like when I wear my Snap Fitness t-shirt and I'm not AT Snap, just doesn't go right, but oh well)
Um.. ok, where was I, oh yes, the older gentleman, what music does he listen to? You'd typically think maybe some old style Country or maybe the Jazz station or something (he casually rides the stationary bike) - but you never know! Maybe he's rockin' out to AC/DC or something!? How funny! Then I think, what if the gym just tuned in the overhead speaker system to someone's headphones, just so the rest of us could hear what someone else in the gym, is listening to. You'd get quite the assortment of music I'm sure! Probably even a couple "instruction or educational pod-casts" or something. I also think about this when I drive into work. "wonder what that person is listening to over there?" - as you watch them beat the steering wheel like a 10-piece drum set or you see them jumpin' around in their seat, bobbing their head all over the place while the passenger flails their arms around. GOTTA be listen' to Opera right? ha!
Maybe it's just me. I don't know. I have 'deep thought' moments I guess. and maybe it stems from wondering myself, if people could pick out the music that I'm listening to, what would they guess? Doubt they know I'm listening to old school gansta' rap along with Linkin Park or Evanescence and then all of a sudden listen to Country, followed by some A-Ha from the good ol' 80's. Nothin' like a little "Take On Me" video flashback in the mind!
Friday, May 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
RSS Feed (xml)
No comments:
Post a Comment