With the rising price of gas and lack of money in my wallet, I decided to try taking a bus to work and this morning was my first experience. I've NEVER taken a bus before aside from Junior High/Senior High School. My pal Jude that I work with, started taking the bus about a week ago and was given a Free Pass to hand out to a friend. I... am that friend. :) Jude comes from my part of town so I thought, how fun is this!? We can take the bus together! So I met her at the stop this morning and I felt like a little school girl again. Rode all the way into work with my friend, just blabbing away about how our nights were, etc... and probably driving the other passengers nuts with our morning "happiness" that some lack. Jude and I can talk for HOURS! I'm sure we'll be hated in no time.
All in all though, it was a pleasant ride because I didn't worry about traffic, I didn't have to worry about what lane MIGHT be going faster and I didn't have to worry about "dipping into" the last 1/4 gallon of gas I have left! I look forward to the ride home as well.
By the time I get my "official" bus pass, Jude and I will have matching lunch boxes.
4 comments:
You'll love it! And if you don't have your bus buddy with, you'll find yourself with a few extra minutes for a nap! I loved riding the bus into Mpls. The only time it blew was when I needed to so somewhere right after work and I would have to go home to get my car first.
Welcome big girl! LOL!
Does the bus stop over by my house? You know I'm always game for carpooling...
how exciting!! and good for you. and isn't taking public transit SO much less stressful than driving??? i'm seriously considering figuring out my options here. dave takes the bus and/or lightrail every day, and i'm really starting to think he's got it made.
have fun lunchbox searching!
Oh of course it does Molly! As a matter of fact, every day I look for you and I think, "wow, another day off, she must have a GREAT vacation package at work." LOL!
Post a Comment