I was craving something "not good for me" to eat. I was good and had my Lean Cuisine but honestly, who gets full from those things? Ok, yeah, you might get full, but for how long? 10 minutes max? So I gathered up a dollar and headed to the vending machine. There usually isn't anything TOO extraordinary in there but today.... lo' and behold....a little ANGEL sang as I stood in front of the mass storage unit of all that is not good for you. I'm pretty sure trumpets were playing with harps in accompaniment. There it was - a new item - Keebler Mini Fudge Stripe Cookies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I could not. believe. my eyes! I felt like Ralphie in A Christmas Story when he saw the gun in the window. In fact, I can almost hear the narrator right now! Dictating my every move, thought, focusing on my salivary glands and how my mouth was watering to the point where I just about broke through the glass! I knew those cookies were put there for me. They had to have been. The only package in there. Yes, it was meant to be. I was made to have this dollar bill, on this day! (if you've seen the movie, please re-read this paragraph with the narrator's voice, is has greater impact)
So with my wrinkled up dollar, I purchased these little pieces of Heaven with the guarantee of knowing I could enjoy them without worrying about who's eye I was going to shoot out.
p.s. If you haven't seen A Christmas Story, this blog may be very foreign to you and seem insane.
But my point is - FUDGE STRIPED COOKIES ROCK!
end of story
RSS Feed (xml)
4 comments:
LOL!!! Oh gosh! I love it :)
are these better than oreos?
Well Oreo takes the cake when it comes to eating them with milk. But without milk, Fudge Stripe are probably right up there with my favorite cookie! (Next to M&M cookies) :)
I think that the best treat out of the vending machine is whatever is stuck aganist the window. Cause I am the big strapping man that I am, I just give a gentle hip check. If that doesn't work, I beat it down like it owes me money!
Yes, free tastes really good! Yum.
ok, LOVE that movie. and so happy for you and your newfound treat discovery!! wonderful.
Post a Comment