Thursday, May 15, 2008

Mr. Quaker's Oats

I'm an avid oatmeal eater. Every morning, I have oatmeal with a little milk and about 2 teaspoons of brown sugar. Don't get me wrong, I know how to have SOME fun with breakfast, which is why I recently purchased a box of Cookie Crisp. I go through spurts.
But I realized this morning as I was eating my oatmeal from the microwave, that no matter how you try to master the correct amount of water you put in to get gain the correct "balance" after nuking it .. it's NEVER as good as the stove-cooked oatmeal! I spoil myself every now and then and make it on the stove. Yup - I just said it - I "spoil" myself with stove-top cooked oatmeal. **sigh** Is there really no END to my age-defining conversations?

Oh! and it HAS to be the "old fashioned" kind, not the 1-minute instant stuff. You might as well just pour yourself a bowl of Cream of Wheat. I made the "good" oatmeal this past weekend, sat down to watch some Saturday morning TV and I was literally on cloud 9 eating that delicious oatmeal! I cannot BELIEVE the difference in taste and texture from microwave to stove-top. It's a great "treat," minus all the sugar that I would be getting from a bowl of Cookie Crisp, Lucky Charms or Capin' Crunch.

You go Mr. Quaker! And thanks Grandma for gettin' me hooked at an early age!
....now, if I only liked spaghetti.....

(Disclosure: The above blog was a direct result of lack of coffee and volleyball wounds)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the kind words. We're thrilled that you enjoy our oatmeal

Mark Schiller
President
Quaker Oats

SteelerWife said...

LOL! Yup - Nice talkin' to ya! We haven't spoke in a while, how are the kids, Quakerette and Quakerton?

Anonymous said...

I love Cookie Crisp! It's even better as a snack, just right out of the box w/out milk. Jess used to give it to her boys as real cookies! They never knew the difference. Ha! She got me hooked on them!