Monday, May 5, 2008

Possible New Family Members

My friend Kate-O (nickname of course), has been one of the members on Kitty Watch '08 for the hubby and I. Her daughter has a horse and they board it up on this farm not too far from home. Just so happens that one of the cats just had a litter of kittens. At 2 weeks old, it's VERY possible that the hubby and I will snatch up two of these! Aren't they precious!!!!!!!
Kate-O is going to keep a close watch on them for us as they're only 2 weeks old currently. We're going to wait another 4 weeks before taking them of course. But I can't decide if I want the black one or the black and white one (definitely want the tiger one). Part of me worries I'll look at the black one and just think Onyx and the poor kitty won't have her own identity :( Another part of me wants to get the black one just FOR that reason. But I can't rob her of being her own little kitty - anyone have any advice?

5 comments:

Kelli said...

I say get the blk and white one....two reasons...

1) the black and white represents past and future...Onxy will always be present, but it's also time to build a new "legacy" for you and the hubby with the new kitty.

2) "it" (boy/girl?) would be a little mini me of Frankie! HA! ok..I know she's a cat, but they would still look a lot a like - HA! HA!

SteelerWife said...

Hmm... good point. Not sure what the black and white is, we only know the Tiger is female so lets HOPE the B&W one is female too (I'd like to avoid boys) they pee everywhere!

Anonymous said...

I say get the black one. Didn't you and Jeff already talk about maybe getting another all black kitty? I remember you telling me that! :) I don't think you should worry about forgetting or replacing Onyx. And I'm sure the black kitty will have a different personality that's all her own.

Jolene said...

I was going to say the same thing as Jack - not necessarily to get the black one, but that the personalities will be different enough that you can see past the color of its fur.

Also - if that's how you feel about little boy cats, maybe just find out what those two are and it could make your decision for you :)

Good luck!!!!!

angie said...

they're adorable. take them all!!! and just love them to pieces.