Friday, June 13, 2008

Chapter 2: Breakthroughs

I've seen this pic multiple times and I just thought, "A descendant of Whiskie?" LOL!!!
Nah - she isn't that bad :)

But Here's An Update!

We left the kitties yesterday morning and didn't get home until 10pm last night so I was flipping out that they were starving or something! I felt horrible that we were gone THAT LONG, but we were down in Canterbury for a friend's promotion party. Fun place I might say. It'd be fun to get a group of friends down there for the races!!! And eat cheese curds and fries - yum! Anyway, back to the fur..

We got home and no accidents! yay kitties!!! And they had discovered how to get around our barriers that we put up on the stairs and to cut off the kitchen. Which is pretty much like scaling the Great Wall of China to them! Big pieces of cardboard. So we decided to just take down the one in the kitchen. We played with them a little last night and then headed up to bed. I thought maybe I'd put the barrier up a little more on the stairs since they were already climbing on the first and second. So I put it mid-way up. They LOVE the stairs! Still trying to conquer going down though - they often tumble down! too cute! This morning I got up to feed them and just gave them a little saucer of milk since I was out of the good wet food. I've managed to train them to recognize my nail dinging on the dish to tell them to "come and get it!" ha! They both immediately ran over and slurped up! Didn't even get a hiss out of Whiskie! YES! progress! Then this morning as I was getting ready, hubby called up to me so I could look down into the living room and see what was going on. Here he was, lying on the floor with them, PETTING WHISKIE!!!!!!! I was so HAPPY!!!!!! She probably realized, "hey - this feels kinda good!" hee hee!

He called me a little bit ago and said that he was sitting on the couch with a blanket on his lap and they both came up and snuggled in and fell asleep!


HE GETS TO HAVE ALL THE FUN! NO FAIR!

3 comments:

Jolene said...

kitty heaven!!!!!!!!!! i love it. are you going to be able to spend some time with them this weekend? oh man - they are just going to keep falling in love with you guys. how wonderful :)

SteelerWife said...

Well, we'll have time with them for a little bit tonight and tomorrow morning but we're heading up north tomorrow for a wedding and won't be back til sunday. Sometimes I wonder if it'd just work better for me and the Mr. to just live in a car. We're never home anyway. LOL!

angie said...

aww, no fair! i want to be your husband right now. how perfect. :) yay for kitties!