Last night I got together with a couple friends to watch Kate-O get her hair done at the Hair Police. I thought PERFECT NAME for a beauty shop! But as we walked INTO the shop, I thought maybe I wouldn't go as far as to say it's "beauty?" I'll just say being that it was in a building in Uptown, I guess the characteristics matched the name. It was almost comparable to a war scene with random holes in the cement brick walls, pipes sticking out all over and steps that were grates (good thing I left my stilettos at home!), oh and not to mention that the hair extensions were displayed not in a nice book, but on a chunk of wire fence just leaning up against the wall. It gave me new hope, to know that if I ever needed to find a photography studio, I could MAKE IT WORK! I might leave the "pet cemetery" pics off the walls though - lil' creepy. But all in all, the atmosphere was an EXACT representation of the punk/rock/grunge crowd. Don't get me wrong, it was very cool and quite creatively put together, but I couldn't help but feel out of place with my glittery flip flops, tattoo-free skin, as I looked at books with Kelli of peoples' freakishly decorated hair in a book called "Hair Ball" while we had our feet up on a table that I'm pretty sure was a heap of scrap metal.
But again - VERY creatively pulled together. *wink*
After we were finished soaking up the place and Kate-O's hair was finished, the three of us headed over to a Thai restaurant. Nice atmosphere. We ordered our food with the particular 'spice levels' we wished to have. Scale of 1 to 4. Kate-O had a 2, Kelli ordered a 3 and I ordered a 3. I like spice.
And folks, this is where it all began....
Kelli took the first bite and the look on her face was priceless - almost as if her throat had suddenly exploded inside as she rushed for her water. And thus, I knew I was in for a treat as well! Took a bite of mine - same reaction. It was good though, but in order to keep your mouth from REALLY catching on fire, you had to keep putting new spoonfulls in your mouth! Kate-O sat and laughed and cherished the fact she didn't order a 3 too. But after she took a bite of hers, she even had the sniffles after a few bites. And maybe 5-10 minutes later, we all suddenly had colds, sniffling about every minute, asking each other where the nearest hospital was on the way home. Pretty sure we were all close to going into cardiac arrest! And our bottle of wine wasn't helping the situation, however it amazingly took away a lot of the burn in our mouths so we could salvage what skin we had left on our tongues.
We left the restaurant, snot in hand with watery eyes and scorched mouths, eating our peppermints as we marched to the car, pondering about how long it would be, before we were running to a bathroom.
It was a good night.
RSS Feed (xml)
4 comments:
That was fun!!!!
please tell me you ate at tum rup thai.
oh gosh what a fun night!!!!!!!
Yes - I shall enjoy burning my mouth another night. Maybe down in Nashville we'll find some Fired-Up Food! Why stop now!?
Post a Comment