Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Adventures in Finding Props

Last night I went to buy an Omni-Bounce diffuser for the flash I'm borrowing from Bean, for my camera. I also had to run to JoAnn Fabrics to get some props for a little photo shoot I'll be doing for my cousin's little boy who is a complete HAM! I can't wait! - however the weather's suppose to be icky tomorrow and we're doing pictures outside. Not sure if mommy wants lightning bolts in the backgrounds? ha!
Anyway, at JoAnns, I found these awesome flowers for 70% off! Really big fluffy daisy looking flowers, some tropical looking flowers and a few other summer daisies that would look (warning: nerdy photographer approaching) FANTASTIC in a Sepia tone! OH the pictures running through my head!
I was also able to find a 4th of July palette of fabric that I thought would make a cute backdrop for that "American Boy" look. It's like a felt fabric so I just had a yard of it cut - perfect! That was 30% off too. I picked a good day to shop!
Meanwhile, I couldn't help but glance over to my left at some other people that were waiting in line. And out of the corner of my eye, I noticed a very tall person in a red t-shirt with gaucho-type pants. I took a second glance and noticed that.... um... it was a man, wait no, a woman? wait....... it was a he/she!
Now I'm not about to rip into someone for wanting to be who they BELIEVE THEY SHOULD BE, but I have to admit, never have I been so close to "this." His/Her hands were very terribly screaming MAN. Definitely wouldn't be passing for the Lady In Red anytime soon!
-
*sigh* people are like a box of chocolates aren't they? You think one's caramel and it's that nasty pink fluffy cream stuff - FOOLED AGAIN!

1 comment:

Jolene said...

okay you gotta do a cheat sheet thingy for me - what the flash looks like bounced off the ceiling and what it looks like with the omni bounce. i'm so glad you're trying one out - they sound great but haven't made it one of my purchasing priorites - yet :) (have you noticed yet how do those "purchasing lists" keep getting longer and longer??).

love the americana idea too! so iconic and cute. i want to come up with some cute baseball vintagey things for the boys i'm hoping to shoot. i should start researching soon - that's one of the best parts.

have i shown my dork-within sufficiently yet???