(Warning: Tactful boasting ahead)
I've been training for a few weeks now for this 5K and was able to run THE ENTIRE RACE! I was so thrilled!!!! Didn't walk at all! I did the calculation and found out that I was running at about an 11-minute mile pace which is AWESOME! I never thought I'd be able to do that - especially because I had been 'training' on a treadmill and for those of you that know running, that's sort of 'cheating' because running inside is a LOT easier than outside.
So you could imagine the grin on my face when I reached the finish line :)
People... if you think you CAN'T run a 5K, you can! Seriously. The motivation you get from running in a big herd of people is crazy! It just makes you want to keep going.
-
And to think that all these years, I've hated running.
Who knew that in my consistently aging state, that I'd actually pick up this "hobby."
I remember running the mile in high school and HATING IT! Absolutely hated it!
And now I run for fun?
-
Maybe I need that straight jacket and one of those pretty white rooms with the padded walls. Yeah..... that sounds about right.
RSS Feed (xml)
2 comments:
i'm so proud of you! it just sounds so cool. and also like a very attainable goal (v. a marathon). WAY TO GO!!
yay lyss!!! good for you. dave and i have been thinking of training for 5K too--thanks for the inspiration.
run, girl. run.
Post a Comment