Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Warning: do not demonstrate

We had a repair guy come in to take a look at our copy/printer/faxer that never seems to want to work for more than a month at a time. You'd think by the size of this thing, it would work flawlessly!! But you know, since the building use to be an old gas station and then a workout facility - a dysfunctional copier/printer/faxer is only appropriate.
What needed to be fixed, was some part that determines the size of the paper that you can put into the tray. It had somehow fallen off it's 'track' and adjusted itself to a bigger size so the paper wasn't sitting secure and in the meantime, the paper had wrinkled up, causing a jam.
So my boss returns from lunch and I told her that the hunk of metal was fixed. She wanted to see what was wrong and how it was fixed. So I pulled open the paper feed and showed her the piece that dislocated. I pulled it out, explained to her/showed her, how it was sitting previously and thus, creating the stink.
Well... what Little Lysso didn't put together in her head was gee.... do you THINK you can get this back in as quickly as the repair guy did - cuz it LOOKED kinda tricky!
So as I sat there and tried to put it back in, the boss and I were cracking up! I believe she was in tears actually, and I could feel myself getting REALLY HOT and embarrassed as I struggled to line up the pieces and get them snapped in! At one point, I put the piece down and I go, "lets just go!" LOL!
But.....needless to say, I DID get it back in and we both agreed we'll never touch it again - unless it 'breaks' on ITS OWN!
-
This has been another moment brought to you by: Good Times... Good times..

2 comments:

Jolene said...

ROFLMAO! nice dear, nice. :)

angie said...

hahahaha some people just never learn. :) but really, lyss, i think what's important here is that you got it back together again!!!