Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Got advil?

A series of unfortunate events awaits you dear reader....
#1: Remember how I was SO SURE that that sensor was suppose to be fixed on my car by the dealer? Well, after getting Gwendolyn at CarX and telling them NOT to fix the sensor, I took the car and drove it to the Dealer (with the hubby following) only to hear the dealer man say, "it's the COMPUTER ONLY that's a part of the recall. We can't fix the sensor because that's not the recall. And with your Check Engine light on, we can't do the recall. That needs to be fixed first." So I said, "ok so you can't fix THAT?" (meaning the sensor) He said, "no." Now either he didn't know that I DROVE A NISSAN, WHICH IS OF THE COMPANY HE WORKS FOR... or he was a complete MORON. If you have a service shop, YOU CAN FIX THE CARS YOU SELL!!!
SO... my opinion of dealerships, STILL STANDS! idiots
I was about in tears as we stood in the parking lot because I was tired of the running around and just could not GRASP why it was my responsibility to PAY for this stupid sensor when it was the RECALL THAT CAUSED IT! I didn't make the car - NISSAN DID! Since I refused to have my husband follow me (again) up north to CarX, we decided to find a closer place. First place we went - they couldn't fix it. But good ol' MIDAS could! (Go GREEK MEN!)
And of course because it was late in the day, Gwendolyn couldn't be fixed until today. So she spent another night at a strangers 'house.' I'm a bad mom.
In the meantime, the hubby and I went to Sams Club and bought in bulk. HOW FUN!
#2: Made our way back home while discussing how the cats have been better about jumping on us and the counters since we haven't seen any evidence that they've been up there. We lug all the groceries into the house and whadaya know, EVIDENCE! The kitties knocked over this candle holder I have, breaking one of the glass cups that holds a tealight. Glass was EVERYWHERE on the kitchen floor! So I clean it up while venting under my breath 'and we were just saying how good you guys were being!'
#3: After the groceries had been brought in and we got dinner in the oven, I decided to take out the recycling, noticing the garage door was still open, so I shut it. Walk back in. Hubby goes "why did you shut the garage?" Me, confused: "Because ..? " Then it clicked - right before he reiterates to me, "I'm meeting up with Ryan yet remember?" After I kicked myself for having no memory, we got a little laugh out of it and managed to eat our dinner without any mishaps.
#4: Husband leaves to meet up with friends and I'm cleaning up the kitchen. Being accident prone... my foot discovers that I missed a piece of glass! I let out a little yelp and turn over my foot to see a little piece of glass sticking out of it. Pulled it out, threw it away. Decided to resweep (while the kitties attacked the broom). In the meantime, I'm hobbling because it stings and I look behind me to see a little trail of blood drops. So had to clean those up too. Now I might as well MOP!
#5: After everything was organized and cleaned, I headed upstairs to work on the laundry. I'm standing in front of my TV to find something to watch while I fold. When all of a sudden a little SNIPER came up from behind me! It was Whiskey! He had jumped from the bed, ONTO MY BACK! CLINGING WITH HIS LITTLE CLAWS! And again, I mumbled 'and we were just saying that you guys weren't doing this anymore!' I got lucky though. He didn't really dig in and it actually didn't hurt. Just SHOCKED me! He's lucky he's cute. What possess these little scoundrels to do that!?
By this time, I decided to play it safe and just go to bed. Was in bed by 9.
-
Goodnight full moon... goodnight and GOOD RIDDANCE!
jerk

3 comments:

Jolene said...

so in summary: when the deck is stacked against you - and nothing is going right - just say the hell with it - and go to bed :)

I like it! Things are always a little brighter in the morning.

Seriously though - I'm really sorry about all the car snafu crap you're going through. :(

angie said...

man, that was an eventful night.

Kelli said...

I love the ending..."jerk" - LMAO!!! Classic!