When I go to the gym, there are 4 TV's you can watch (depending on the piece of equipment you want). Choices are: CNN = boring. The Food Network = ironically enough. ESPN = again, boring. TMC (Turner Classic Movies) = ain't as bad as pulling teeth.
And since my music on my iRiver is from 1834, I opted to watch TMC and hoped I'd just get sucked into the movie that was on. I think I did. I never know the titles of the movies though but sometimes recognize actors and actresses which is kinda fun :) And I've learned a few things about b&w movies:
Every scene is like THE END OF THE WORLD! (acting way exaggerated)
Cars were around the price of $495. (on a sign on the car in the film) did I just say film?
and
Some of the things people say in these things, is hilarious!
I'll recap as much as I can to set the scene for my "memorable moments."
The guy in the movie "rented?" some lady (didn't SEEM to be a "pretty woman" thing but maybe she was? so we'll call her pretty woman). He drops this girl off at her house and as pretty woman walks into her trailer, the man's wife is there. Saying, "Good morning - since you've been living my life, I wanted to know what it was like to live yours. Nice place you have. Where do you keep your cups?" She was making tea. Of course she was.
The whole thing seemed like it might have been a set up by the wife because she was so CASUAL. In movies now, I believe a gun would have been drawn or at least a hair pulling would have occurred. So anyway..
Pretty woman reassured the wife that she should hold onto her man because he's a good, wonderful man. The wife says, "he'll be better when I'm done with him." ha! I love it.
It was then that possibly the greatest line ever was spoken by pretty woman: "Oh no! A woman without a man, is like a trailer without a car."
*moment of silence please. think deep*
And another great line was the closing one. Something you don't hear anymore. Let me set the scene: The husband was begging his wife to come back to him outside some court room (cuz 'things will be different' - a common lie. we've all heard it). At the same time, pretty woman drives by in her car, waves to him and does the 'bang, bang' symbol with her hand in the shape of a gun. (creepy?) Didn't phase him. Then he turns to his wife and expresses he JUST DOESN'T UNDERSTAND! How is his wife so melancholy about everything and how in the world did pretty woman know where he was to just drive by casually?
And if you're lost reading this, it's ok, I am too.
The wife says: "Kiss me stupid"
-
so....... she's NOT mad? perhaps she has poison in her mouth? wonder if there's a sequel...?
RSS Feed (xml)
2 comments:
Um, yeah...very I'm still lost after reading that one! LOL!
The sagas of old are the sagas of new.
Post a Comment