Monday, September 8, 2008

DiReCtIoN-LaCkInG WeEkEnD

If you can read the title, congratulations - you've passed.
-
Friday: Went home and frantically cleaned because my friend Kate-O was suppose to come down. Received a call that her grandma wasn't doing well so she may not be out 'til later or in the a.m. (we were putting on a baby shower saturday morning and had to get some food prepared yet) I continued to clean and organized my craft room thinking this is where she'd sleep. She ended up not coming down, however, I love the motivation I get to clean and organize when I know someone may be coming over. It's the only time this stuff gets done. And I LOVE the organizational route I took with my scrapbooking stuff. Anyway - went to bed around 11 or so.
Saturday: Wake up and realize my phone was dead. Thought MAYBE I should plug it in, in case Kate-O was trying to call in regards to the shower. Plug my phone in, text message goes off. It's a text from the mom-to-be, her water broke! ah!!!!!!!!!!! shower was off!!!!!! This started my mass texting and calling of people to see if they had heard the news and that the shower was going to be postponed because SOMEBODY (baby) wanted to be there too :) In my process of calling, I reached Kate-O, only to find out that her grandmother had passed that morning :( So in a way, it 'worked out' for her so she was able to spend time with family and comfort her mom (I'm thinking of you Kate-O!) So, eventually, slowly woke up and decided what to do with my day. And the decision was to make cards. For 4 hours. Even though I was so extremely excited for the shower, being home, by myself (hubby was with his grandpa), having this time to set aside and be creative was awesome! :) The Hub returned and we were headed downtown around 5:30 to a friend's surprise 30th bday party. In the meantime , we received a text that baby had arrived! Got home from downtown around 1:30am. Crashed.
Sunday: Woke up around 11am - - in my old age, 2 beers are hard to handle. I had a little headache and felt like I was run over - - I thought to myself, I'm never going to make it through MY 30th. Rolled out of bed and had a big bowl of oatmeal - Mmmm...... Tried to watch football with the hubby however I found more happiness with a pillow and a blanket on the couch. Napped for a bit. Then headed out to see the new Gerber! Got home around 6:30ish and actually made a REAL dinner! Folks - "real dinners" don't happen too often at our house. We're never HOME to cook! I'll post pics later of our food - (of course I took pictures! It was a MILESTONE!) Headed upstairs after eating to make a few more cards with the kitties sleeping by my side. Finally went to bed at 11:30 after a nice back rub from the Hub. My headache cleared and I was free of a couple knots! woohoo! We both snoozed off into dream land and here we are now.
Another case of the Mundays is setting in.........

5 comments:

Jolene said...

hSo sorry to hear about Katy's grandma. :( Like you said, I'm glad she had some time to mourn and comfort her mom - so hard to lose those grandparents.

Congrats to the new Momma!

and Yay for you for getting to have a low-key weekend once :)

Kelli said...

sick day = craft day....

that's what I'm "enjoying" today. But I gotta tell ya... I would rather be at work than working on removing the 5th layer of skin from around my nose....darn allergies!

Saturday was a nice "free day"....What a weekend!

Oh, and I failed to see the mention of MY contribution to your fabulous dinner...LOL! Just kidding - now gimme my eggs back or I'll send over Guido! HA! Kidding!

angie said...

you forgot one very important detail: what's the baby's name??

SteelerWife said...

LOL! Sorry Kel!!!!! We decided that we were going to make a noodle dish instead since we have so much angle hair pasta! Your eggs are in good keeping and Guido wouldn't be able to find them anyway. I've hid them in our fridge. You can barely see the milk container - good luck finding an egg! LOL!

SteelerWife said...

Baby's name is MacKenzie Marie :)