Tuesday, September 16, 2008

One 'shot' at a time...

I have to apologize to one of my dearest pals, Bean. I decided to make this into a blog because 1) I promised you something and this is a great place to continue talking about that promise and 2) I needed more space to explain myself than just making it a 'tag' on my gmail account. HA!
You had told me about a photo contest on "morning." I promised I'd look this morning to see if there was an opportune moment to take a pic. Well, being that I was on the road at 5:30am, there wasn't much I could see because it was pitch black and I didn't have a tripod with which means taking a picture would have been a pointless blur. (or would there BE any points? 'cuz you know, it'd be blurry?) Maybe I could have drawn in a stick figure of myself to show where I was actually standing. But I DID LOOK FOR A PICTURE MOMENT! I truly did! As my mom and I were leaving the house (I was my mom's limo driver this morning), she mentioned something about the stars being out at that hour and I agreed and remembered the 'morning' photo. I looked up to gaze at the stars and believe I even saw Orion's belt (3 stars in a row right?). But my shot (no pun intended) at taking a worthy picture was nil.
So I promise you again beanie, tomorrow morning when I'm up at normal hours, I'll gaze out at that foggy back yard and see if there's something I can capture.
Until then - pass the coffee....
(and it just occurred to me that this is QUITE POSSIBLY the most boring post I've ever done. Ask for forgiveness, I must. Redeem self later, I can.)
-yoda

2 comments:

Jolene said...

Ha ha! The best part (for me) was that I was just about to ask you if you took a pic this morning!

Well - at least you thought about it. Sometimes it IS the thought that counts. Or at least half-counts. I'll be crossing my fingers for tomorrow...

angie said...

this isn't boring at all! i'm lucky enough that i can sleep until the sun is peeking out, so the idea (to me) of seeing stars in the morning is actually sort of beautiful.
painful, yes; but beautiful. :)