Forgive me for my HORRIBLE blogging skills lately.
And even though it may seem that I'll be back on track after this one - - - i can't guarantee it. HA!
Bear with me....
So remember the 'accident' I had the other day where I backed up into that dude?
Well my adjuster called the other day and asked me if I got the name of the driver. I said, yes. I wrote it down from the Proof of Insurance he showed me and gave it to him (the adjuster) when he called the first time. HOWEVER, I can't be POSITIVE that the name I wrote down was HIS NAME or the insurance guy's name. I was so nervous, I seriously just looked for a name and a number and I wrote it down.
Adjuster dude tells me that he called the insurance agency and no one has reported any calls of any accidents.
????
I continued to tell my adjuster that I DID think the guy was acting a little weird which is why I asked him if it was his car (he seemed 'off' or nervous) and maybe THIS is why ???? My assumption (after consulting with the hubby) is that this guy I hit, probably didn't HAVE insurance because for all I know, what he showed me was something that was expired, which would explain how disgusted and brush-off-ish he was. Hmm.....
So the adjuster told me that since no one has called into the insurance to report the damage, he was going to drop the claim because as of now, there's no one to give the money to.
FINE BY ME!!!!!!!!!!!
I sort of smiled to myself and thought.... so THAT'S why the other driver was acting a little fishy. Perhaps he really DIDN'T have coverage.
Hmm...
*
Merry Christmas to me?
Sorry other driver dude!!
(side note: the driver technically has a few weeks to call - I'll be on the edge of my seat until then!)
RSS Feed (xml)
4 comments:
Oh my goodness!! How awesome is that! I'm crossing my fingers for you, girl.
ooooh! i hope it's a christmas miracle for you!
he probably stole the car and didn't want to get busted.
Lesson: Next time (hopefully never) you get a creep like that....start saying "I think we should call the police to have this documented and on the record" If that person starts backing off and saying no....tell him that you will have to put a claim in for your vehicle too to get repairs done, or....he can give you $100 and call it a day! Either way....you win. LOL!!!
My brother-in-law has had a few people run into him. (minor accidents) He always throws out the words police and reporting to insurance. Then he asks them how much money they have in their pocket... it usually works out in his favor.
Post a Comment