Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I've been basted

Hubby left for Vegas the other day so I'm on my own for dinner for the week.
(You can imagine my panic)
I was craving hard-boiled eggs last night, only to my surprise, we didn't have any eggs.
So I got in the car and headed for the grocery store
(yes, I R-E-A-L-L-Y needed these eggs)
I get to the store, contemplate on grabbing the little carrying basket to hold my goods, but then thought, 'nah - I'm just getting eggs and creamer for my coffee.'
Not 30 seconds into the store and I spot those little 'personal' roasted chickens from across the way. I LOVE those things! So I picked one up. Garlic. SCRUMPTIOUS!
I don't trust those little handles they give you to use so I held it in my arms instead. (this is where that carrying basket would have come in handy)
I found my way to the eggs, and the creamer and even picked up some grapefruit. (by now, I'm really needing the basket)
I'm making my way to the counter and then I thought... "why does my leg feel wet?"
I stop, pull my groceries away from me and there you have it folks - I was drenched in GARLIC CHICKEN JUICE.
All over my coat and down my left leg.
Now, did I actually think something like this WOULDN'T happen? No. It's natural. It's me.
After laughing at myself, I make my way up to the counter and ask for a towel. The gal at the register proceeds to tell me, "have a good day!" I laughed and said, "I will - I love smelling like chicken!"
She laughed - which was a good thing! I'm usually laughing at myself.
Got home, enjoyed fighting off the blood-hungry kitties for my chicken, and had a content tummy (while boiling those eggs) for later.
I was then all excited to get up to the computer and actually post a blog from Christmas and....the interent doesn't work.
Just wasn't my night I guess.
HOWEVER...........
(oh yes, there's more)
On the UP side, I was able to work on making some cards for upcoming events I'm going to. I knew I'd make time for those one way or another :)
So CHEERS to mishaps for BETTER endings!

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Sounds like a happy ending to me. :)

Jolene said...

ha ha!!!!!!!!! unfreakinbelievable!

that's way better than taking a digger in front of a couple of people ;)

angie said...

god bless you and your good attitude. you would have found me in aisle 3, sobbing uncontrollably.