Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Naturally easy to accomplish

As I sit down to enjoy my Lean Cuisine meal - yes yes - it's another EXCITING day for me in the lunch department.... I know you're jealous...
I'm reading the back to see how long I have to cook my lunch:
"Cook on 50% Power - 8 minutes."
If you've been reading my blog for a while now, you'd probably already have it in your head that the microwave at my work, is PROBABLY not cooking at 100% power. I don't know that for a complete FACT, however I think my experiences in trying to make popcorn in the 'average' 4 1/2 minute interval and realizing when it was done, I only had half the bag popped... that it's SAFE to say this microwave is NOT working at 100% Power.
Which means I technically just saved myself a lot of work in trying to figure out how to lessen the power.
It has a dial that you turn to the time frame needed to cook. A DIAL.
'Nuff said.
*
p.s. Has anyone ever noticed how horrible these frozen entree boxes smell? My goodness! They even SMELL as horrible as they look!
(after being cooked of course, 'cuz on the box, they look like they just stepped out of Emeril's kitchen!)

1 comment:

Crystal said...

I'll be smelling my "Smart One" at lunch time today. Mmmmm...can't wait for my gourmet lunch!