Thursday, February 12, 2009

The customer is NOT always right - boo

Last evening, I met up with some pals for a dinner at the Macaroni Grill.
Waiter comes and takes our order for meals and I'm over here, lookin' for things that don't involve pasta ........ and yeah..... I'm at a place called the Macaroni Grill and they're ITALIAN.. so.. almost EVERYTHING has pasta. But you know me, gotta make it difficult.
I just think of my 'individual requests' as TRAINING for the waiter or waitress. Gets their mind goin'...
So I ask what DOESN'T have pasta. He points a few things out and I go with something that sounded delicious, but please, put the pasta on the side.
Meanwhile, I'm so very excited to be eating here because they have THE BEST DESSERT EVER!
Deep-fried ravioli.
Inside these little delicious morsels of nothing-good-for-you, is pretty much what you'd find inside a Snickers candy bar while you crunch through deep fried goodness.
P U R E J O Y
That sums it up.
So dessert time comes and I ask for them.
He so bravely tells me, "We don't have that anymore."
I had to fight every urge to convince him that YES YOU DO. IT'S RIGHT HERE! DEEP FRIED RAVIOLI!
He laughs (the nerve!) and says, "yes, i know, but I don't think we have it anymore, the lemon bar is pretty good though!"
(silence)
Did this guy really just try to substitute LEMON for CHOCOLATE!? TO A FEMALE! ????
Um.. sorry. No lemon. I need chocolate mister.
So I pick the tiramasu chocolate martini lookin' thing (creme stuff with cake pieces and pecans with chocolate drizzle). Perfect!
Then he tells me, "I don't think we have the chocolate, but we have the berry kind!" I was deeply disappointed again as I witnessed his trying-to-be-positive attitude... not even having a clue that he has failed once again.
I'm lookin' for chocolate dude. Not berries. Not lemon. Chocolate.
He suddenly had an epiphany and realized, wait, maybe we DO have that, but he had to check on a couple things. Comes back - - turns out they don't have the pecans on the top but they DO have the dessert.
Fine. Don't put them on. I'll take whatever I can get!
So there I was, finally happy to have found a decadent scrumptious ending to my meal.
But before he left the table, I then asked,
"Can I get this in a bowl instead of the martini glass - it's easier for three people to eat that way."
*
Am I difficult?

6 comments:

Kelli said...

LOL! He didn't quite deserve the generous tip we left him. And....you'll be happy to know you misheard him. They still have it, they were out for the evening. So chin up my chocolate loving friend. There will be another day...when the sun will shine, the birds will chirp, and you will bite into a glorious pocket of gooey chocolate fantabulousness! :)

SteelerWife said...

Oh my goodness! Thank you for letting me know! I shall go there once again!
I guess now that I'm 30.. I should be looking into a hearing aid..

Crystal said...

When you try again for the glorious pocket of gooey chocolate deep fried fantabulousness...be sure to invite me! I haven't had it before. BTW...the cheeseCAKE at Buca's is delicious. (in case you are looking for dessert at another Italian chain)

Jolene said...

maybe a little difficult :) that's awfully funny!

angie said...

haha you were NOT difficult. that menu was difficult! it sounds like it was all one big tease. the nerve.

Anonymous said...

LOL! I just read an article about the worst restaurant foods and that ravioli dessert ranked the worst for you dessert. Hmmm, just like the chicken club at Mcdonalds. Ha!