Thursday, February 5, 2009

Just when you thought you were ahead of the game..

Brace yourselves people .
I'm about to reveal yet another 'sappy' side of me (it's right up there with the comment on the old grandpa dude taking his granddaughter to McDonalds). AND..........funny enough, what I'm about to share HAPPENED at McDonalds.
Something tells me that's not something to be "proud" of?? Blogging about McDonalds twice. Hmm.. I need to get out more.
BUT.... there I was....
Needing to kill time the other day when I decided that I needed to have dinner so some MYSTICAL FORCE turned my wheel to the right and I was immediately in McDonalds parking lot. It's so WEIRD that it always happens like this. My car has a mind of its own.
So I listen to my 'car's advice' - after all - at any given time, Gwendolyn (my car) could ram me over... right?
So I go inside and think to myself, "I should really be bringing something in with me to read while I eat" - you know - to look busy.
But I don't turn around (in fear of my safety, as Gwendolyn was watching).
I LOVE Big Mac's. Love Love Love them. But I figured maybe I should go with Chicken Club 'cuz I'm feeling half healthy - but totally ruin it when I'm asked Crispy or Grilled. Um... hello! CRISPY! (what fun is grilled?)
So I sit at a table. By myself. And it occurs to me that I AM THAT person. What I mean is, when I walk into a restaurant of any sort and I see someone (usually an old person) sitting by themselves, my heart breaks! I start to wonder why they're alone. Did their spouse die? Have they never married? Do they not have any friends? Family? Anything?
I mean - we're talkin' serious stuff here people. I can remember a time when I walked into Perkins and I saw an old man sipping his coffee all by himself. He looked so sad and I just thought, "What if that were MY grandpa!?" I ..... started..... to cry. 'Nuff said.
So anyway - back to yesterday.....I was that lonely person in McDonalds.
Just then, I started to examine my tray 'cover' with all the pictures of food and I see in very fine print, "nutritional facts on reverse side." Do I dare?
Of course! It's something to read right?
So I flip it over and much to my dismay, regardless of how "healthy" I thought I was being by getting the Chicken Club, it actually had 40 MORE calories than the Big Mac.
*sigh*
So Dear Big Mac:
I shall ignore you no more. You are better than the chicken. You win.
My saddlebags are all yours next time. Promise.

3 comments:

angie said...

oh my gosh, lyss, this is so freakin' adorable! i totally know what you mean about the lone diners. i've talked to dave about them enough that i now work very hard to convince myself that they are merely independent folks who happen to like having 20 minutes a day to themselves to enjoy their meals. :) does that help you?? hehe
as for the chicken sandwich vs. big mac, are you kidding me?!?!?! unreal. go get that big mac, friend. go get it.

Crystal said...

NEVER READ THE NUTRITIONAL FACTS AT MCDONALD'S! It will only make you sick.

Kelli said...

I always think those people just need a break from the nagging at home, bratty kids, or will get in trouble if the spouse finds out they went to Mc'y D's. HA HA HA! Leave it to Kel to bring some levitity to the blog. HA! (ps. I spell bad.)