Thursday, April 9, 2009

Eureka! We've Found Magic!

On Tuesday evening, the hubby went out to purchase a new vacuum. We had been searching for a while. We were willing to spend a few bucks for a nice one, just not TOO much. The bottom line was - WE NEEDED a vacuum. The one we've been using for the past couple of years, can no longer be considered a vacuum. (especially not after seeing what we've been... well... what IT HAS been missing!) Everytime we used it, it smelled like it was burning and no matter how many times we cleaned the agitator piece, it never seemed to do much to the carpet.
So Mr. hubby took the step in going to Sears and picking out this beauty! Yes, the color yellow is a little obnoxious but.... THIS THING ROCKS! See the proud owner? Such a good little maid!
He vacuumed the entire downstairs and then even took off the little Pet Claw tool dealy, and did the stairs. Our stairs. A fun FACT about our stairs: They have not been vacuumed in about 3 years. Reason being is because I couldn't lug our other vacuum up the stairs while trying to clean the carpet with a hose. I needed a BRUSH. I've got animals people!
And now - WE HAVE IT! The little attachment has a brush too - holy cow - this thing is just the coolest ever. (And yes I know, I'm TOTALLY aging myself right now because I'm getting so excited about a VACUUM) But I don't care. YOU SHOULD SEE OUR CARPET! LOL!
*
So you can only guess what I did yesterday..
I raced home so I could vacuum the upstairs!
Yup.
Watch out Kitties.
Mom and Dad have a NEW TOY!
muhahahaha!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Crystal said...

I guess that is one way to get excited about cleaning again.

angie said...

i would express humor at your dorkism (:)) if i wasn't JEALOUS of the vacuum! hahaha. i'm not kidding, can i borrow it? ours makes a burning smell too. it's not good.

Jolene said...

1. What are the kitties reaction to the vacuum? I know the toothbrush was a problem so how do they react to this big, loud, yellow intruder?

2. Jeff - cat-call whistles coming from here. You can come vacuum my floors *any* time ;)