I was down in Kansas visiting my cousin Jackie, who's also been referred to as "my twin." (Yet if you've ever seen our toddler pictures, you'd clearly know who was who. I was the chubby bunny with curly clown hair, Jack was the cute little peanut with straight hair. )
Why do I always get so side-tracked in these posts?
Anyway...
So I was down in Kansas visiting her and we were out with some of her friends celebrating her birthday - going to a couple different bars, just having a good ol' time. My not-yet-hubby and I had been great friends at this point for about 6 months. We were text messaging all night. I was 'rubbing it in his face' that I was at a bar where there were girls dancing on the counters and he wasn't. (kinda like Coyote Ugly) and then texting him about this dude that sat next to me and after talking to me just casually, grabbed my drink and took a swig like he owned it. "um.... you can HAVE that now." Weirdo.
We text messaged so much - that I remember my phone bill was about $70 in over-charges from exceeding my allotted amount of texts. Not fun.
Anyhoot - When we were leaving the bar, not-yet-hubby and I continued to text and he text something along the lines of "I think about you a lot."
Regardless of how many times I had heard/read this (I knew he always liked me more than a friend), this time was........ different. So as we were all trying to pile into the car (I had the honor of sprawling out across some laps so my head was basically down by someone's shins at the end of it - you know - to hide that 5th person in the back from cops) - I proceeded to text back to not-yet-hubby, "I think about you a lot too." His next text, "Call me" - complete with a smiley face.
Aside from the fact I was laying across laps I barely knew, I called not-yet-hubby and we talked for about 2 hours. It was decided during this phone call, that I wanted to date him.
It was official.
After 6 months of having friends ask me "what's your problem!? why don't you date him!" - I finally 'got it.'
And it's 3 years ago today, that this happened.
*
Hubby even swung by the office this morning and brought me a lovely bouquet of flowers.
My lilacs are jealous......
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
RSS Feed (xml)
5 comments:
it makes my heart do flipflops. so glad you listened to all those friends :)
Actually, I remember it more like...She was urning for a big peice of man lovin and finally the voices in her head told her that I was the one!
Or something like that :)
After reading your post I was thinking "Ahhh...so sweet." Then I read the comments and all I have stuck in my head now is "big peice of man lovin." Whatever it was that brought you together, I'm glad you finally figured it out! :)
AWWWW happy memory!!!! and happy day to you guys! i love that story. :)
I like to think I had a part to play in all of this! HA!
(WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!)
I knew you two kids would end up together!
Post a Comment