Monday, May 4, 2009

Mexico

All right..
Finally ready to post about Mexico! First I'll have you day-dream while viewing some pics:



*
Mexico, overall, was gorgeous!
My photog pal, Missy and I, were flown down to Mexico to shoot a wedding on the beach. Talk about cool! We had such a great time and the weather was even better. We were worried about ... well maybe it was just me.... but I was concerned about the humidity and the fact that the weather peeps were forecasting rain and 85 degrees. BUT... we didn't see any rain except for a few drops the day we left, and the 85 degrees wasn't bad at all with the winds that practically blew us off our chairs. They balanced each other out. It was perfect.
We flew down on a Tuesday morning, walked around for about 2 to 3 hours once we got to the hotel, trying to find the bride and groom for the rehearsal dinner. We were clueless as to where they were. Never found 'em. But we enjoyed the walk and personal tour. Wednesday we started our day at around noon, taking pictures of the bride getting ready and then day went on from there! Here's one of the pics we took of the gorgeous couple!

The dinner and dance were all right on the beach! So nice! Wednesday was a LONG DAY though! (complete with missy falling on a rock, bruising her bum,and me crawling around on the sand to the point where I have scabbed up knees) We were 'demolished' come 11pm. We decided to go back to the room, shower up, and pass out (from being tired of course). Regardless of how many times each day we were asked if we wanted tequila (including breakfast) we refused :) It's better to enjoy Mexico without a headache. (yeah, I'm 30, so what)

We had all day thursday to ourselves and to do whatever we wanted! It was awesome!

It was a great little get-away, the food was great, the people were awesome, and we made it back without the 'flu.'
Rumor has it, the maid of honor and her boyfriend have been talking wedding bells. They're thinking about getting married in Jamaica. We were sure to tell them that 'we go there too.'
*
I'll end this post with some gorgeous flowers..


4 comments:

Crystal said...

I'll just keep on daydreaming...I'll take a pina colada too please!

angie said...

oh, man, happy week for you! that is awesome!! definitely something big to add to your resume "people fly my all over the world because they so desire my mad camera skillz."
sigh.

Jolene said...

Oh my goodness someone had time to play!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks so cute! Are you going to make a custom header at all? (Not saying you need to, of course.)

GORGEOUS pics my dear. And I still want to hang those flower pics in my girls' room...

Anonymous said...

What an amazing trip and wedding! You did a fabulous job Alyssa, can't wait for the next one! :] -Missy