Friday, June 26, 2009

*sniff,sniff*

Well, I know everyone and their mother has heard by now, but I wanted to take the time to acknowledge a legend, in my eyes, and his music.
MY GOODNESS people. I still can't believe Michael's gone :( I listened to SO MUCH Michael Jackson. SO MUCH! Heck - I think just the other weekend I was trying to do the Moonwalk! LOL! Can't remember where I was and yes, I was sober, which would explain the extra sloppiness. I'm sure had I been "influenced," it would have turned out a little smoother.
I know not everyone was or is fond of MJ, but I am. I grew up listening to his music and I still LOVE his music. The whole "not normal" part of MJ was after the period of time I was learning his music, watching his videos on MTV (when they HAD videos). I loved his talent, his dance moves, his music and darn it - that one GLOVE. Which by the way, I had the MJ barbie doll at one point, WITH the aforementioned, glittery glove.
I never understood the whole death of Elvis and how people actually cried and wow? was he REALLY that big of a deal to you? (just thinking of the people that you could tell, have always been sad about it) Same with John Lennon. And then..... this. I almost drove off the road when I heard it. I could NOT believe it. I admit, I was sad, very sad. Still AM sad. I immediately started thinking of the songs I loved and all the times my cousins and I would listen to his music and try to hit those notes. And I know most of you out there have tried to do the moves from the Thriller dance. I know I've done it REPEATEDLY. Those moves are C-L-A-S-S-I-C.
Songs I loved:
Bad
Dirty Diana
Leave Me Alone
Thriller
Rock With You
Smooth Criminal
Man In The Mirror
Beat It
Billie Jean
The Way You Make Me Feel
Jam
*
Man..... I love his music. Always will.
Grabbing the crotch and randomly screaming throughout songs, will never be the same. MJ started it and even though it was a LITTLE odd at times.... it made him famous and liked/loved by fans.

3 comments:

angie said...

amen, sister. amen.

Jolene said...

I'm still in shock. We didn't listen to his music growing up but still appreciate his talent and what he's done for the industry... wow. Wow.
my favs: Billie Jean and Man in the Mirror.

Crystal said...

lysso- just so you know, I know who you are talking about...and most of his songs! :)