My right eye is worse than my left.
It's always been this way.
And I'm extremely overdue for my yearly eye check up.
Lately, and this only happens when it's super bright out, I feel like something's goofy with my right eye. Is the color off? Is it foggy? Do I have a blind spot? I can't figure it out.
I do the whole... 'camera 1, camera 2...camera 1, camera 2'
(please tell me you've seen Waynes World.)
And yes, I do this driving. I probably look insane. But that's ok. Why not fit in right?
So I'm at home yesterday, making something to eat.
I make a great salad that my grandma has made for years. It's with Extra Virgin Olive Oil, salt, pepper, pressed garlic and just a tiny bit of White Vinegar. It has quite the kick when you're done mixing everything.
I sit down.
SO HAPPY to FINALLY be sitting down.
Stab some pieces of lettuce onto my fork and a piece of lettuce catches on the side of bowl and sort of flips upwards as I lift my hand and clear the rim of the bowl... and OF COURSE... it FLICKS the spicy dressing into my eye. Not my left. No, it had to find the weaker one and went directly into my 'bad' eye.
"Really? Did that really just happen? Great. Perhaps I'll be COMPLETELY blind in this eye now."
I get up from the couch holding my eye and pressing on it because the sting is horrendous.
Run over the sink and start flushing out my eye... thinking, "ok so how do I explain this one. Hi doc. Yup. I got salad in my eye. Garlic, oil, salt, pepper, the whole bunch. Eyes gotta eat too."
It slowly got better.
But I'm convinced I see oil blips from time to time.
Watch out 35E. I'm heading out shortly....
RSS Feed (xml)
2 comments:
I'm sure the dr. has seen and heard much worse. I do feel for you tho. I have a weird thing about eye issues. I'm not afraid of much, but STAY AWAY FROM THE EYES! My ultimate fear - papercut to the eyeball. Ouch!
LOL! I remember you telling me that! A papercut. Now THAT would be painful!
Post a Comment