This morning I woke up to my alarm.
I laid there for a second and could NOT think of what day it was.
Was it Sunday? No. Didn't feel like a Sunday. Saturday? Monday? Do I have Monday off?
I was really confused.
Then of course, the moment of DOOM came over me and I knew, it was yet another work day. All the more motivation to retire by 35 right?
HOWEVER... you can't help but get up every morning and feel blessed to have another day. Something I've been trying to remember to do is say, Good Morning to God. Afterall, He's the reason you just opened your eyes :) It's sad to admit that I say, "I've been TRYING to remember..." but it's just not something I've done. And now, I am :) Believe me, it helps you put on that positive attitude hat at the start of the day!
Anyhoot -
My confusion this morning stems from this weekend. Away we go!
Friday night - headed down to Prior Lake for a Monavie Beach Party. Some friends rented out the pavilion on the lake and we all grilled out and had delicious food and yummy drinks, threw the Frisbee around a few times - - had a WONDERFUL time! Stopped by a friends place afterwards to say hello and the hubby stayed and played Poker. I was pooped!
Saturday - slept in until 11am. ha! (I cherish these moments.) Then my friend Tot (aka - Teri) came over. She ended up hanging out with us while we watched a couple classics! Beetlejuice and Home Alone 2. Don't ask why a christmas movie was on. I guess ABC Family knows how to change it up a little! Christmas in July right? It's a common saying...
Then we received an invite to go up to the horse races in Forest Lake. So headed up there around 7:30 and visited with some peeps until 11 or so.
Sunday - in the morning I drove down to Wayzata to meet up with a friend of mine to take pictures of her little one. Too adorable! Then got the call from Tot that it wasn't necessary to drive out alone to Wisconsin to do one of our Monavie tastings. At which time, I remembered my god-daugther Kiles, was in a horse show up at the Isanti County Fair. So the hubby and I then hopped in the car around 1pm and headed up to Cambridge. Had a great time! Sun was hot, fair food was delicious and finally got to see my friend Kate-O's new house. GORGEOUS! Very exciting for them :) We finally got home around 6:30. (I think?) Did 3 loads of laundry and worked on editing pictures.
In bed by 10:30.
And the above is the exact reason, my head is full of fog today.
*
Day by day I'm reminded that I need to work faster to get that helicopter too.
RSS Feed (xml)
1 comment:
i hate when mornings start like that. hate it.
i'm so jealous that you got to go to a horse show. the dakota county fair is next week or something - can't wait to bring erich there and watch the horsies for a little while :)
Post a Comment