Monday, July 13, 2009

The Lake Awaits...

and hopefully the Chiggers don't!
I only work 3 LOVELY days this week - isn't that gorgeous? Say it with me, "only a 3-day week!" BONUS!
My dad and stepmom have a cabin up north and we only get to use it 2 weeks out of the year. (We share ownership with 2 other families and so we split our time.) And starting noon, on Thursday, we have it for the next 2 weeks. The hubby and I are headed up there Thursday morning and I can't wait!
Despite the place being the other possible option to provide the movie set for Arachnophobia, it's so fun! It's just a CABIN and it's full of memories and getting up there, doing the walk through, then going out, onto the beach, then onto the dock, out to the lake, is tradition. I always do my walk through. And sometimes just sit on the end of the dock before unpacking anything. We've been going up there for about 15-20 years now? Which just seems INSANE to me! I can't believe it's been that long!
Per the beginning of my post, I hope the chiggers are nonexistant this time around. I will never forget how HORRIBLE those things were last year! I'm looking over my list and checking it twice and I see a theme:
-Vacuum
-Raid
-Afterbite
Vacuum: Effective in sucking up spiders that have continued to live in the cabin despite our warnings year after year to get out.
Raid: Spray all over the beach where I weed, to kill chiggers!!!!!!! THEY SHALL NOT SURVIVE!
Afterbite: I'm destined to be bitten by SOMETHING. Might as well be prepared.
*
(sigh)
What we Minnesotans won't go through to get a little vacation time in....

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Have fun girly...and post some pics when you get back!

Jolene said...

oh yay oh yay! so glad you get to do that now!! i hope you have gorgeous weather and an absolute blast! and if you don't have the energy for just having fun - i hope you get to relax away all your cares :)