Well folks, another WeFest has come and gone. This year the weather wasn't very nice. BUT, aside from feeling damp 95% of the time from misting rain and humidity, it was 5 days of laughter, good drinks, TONS of bean-bag toss, a few games of Washers, a game of Farkle (dice game), and singing loud at the concerts while trying not to spill your beer as you danced!
I didn't take Precious with however. (my camera). WeFest isn't her gig.
But a lot of people did take pictures so I'll post them as soon as I get some!
We only had one 'vominator' this year, which is probably a record. I won't name names as to who it was, all I can say is it wasn't me nor the hubby. But if I get pictures, you'll see who wasn't feeling so hot.
Toby Keith was probably the highlight of the weekend though. He's GINORMOUS first of all, and he comes out with this INCREDIBLY defined raccoon sunburn around his eyes. It was quite funny! He explained how he had just come from Sturgis so I'm sure the ol' riding goggles gave him his new look :) The hubby and I missed Brooks and Dunn on Friday. In part due to hubby not feelin' too well after all the junk food and beer and I was exhausted with a dehydration headache (you don't drink too much water up there) 1) because you're probably drinking beer or another form of beverage and 2) because drinking water only means that you have to use the port-a-potties. And it's good to avoid those things at ALL COSTS.
Tim McGraw was the other headliner. He was good, however I've seen him better. Not sure if he was tired or what, but he didn't seem to have that UMPF I've seen in the past. Still hot though.
Taylor Swift was good! I know all her songs are basically the same, BUT, she's got spunk! I like it :)
One of the funnier evenings was when Trace Atkins was on. We had about 4 older gals behind us (we're talkin' in their upper 60's probably), and they were making comments about Trace's jeans and how tight they were and how "nice" they fit "that man." hee hee! Another comment was made later about Toby Keith and how nice his jacket was, "Boy look at him. Mmm... Now he's a good lookin' man. And look at that denim. Isn't that a nice denim? I need some like that." HA!
I love old people :)
*
We left the ol' WeFest campgrounds by 8:15am yesterday. The hubby and I got home, unpacked, did a lot of laundry, then took 30 min showers each. Pretty sure I had plants starting to grow on the bottoms of my feet and under my nails. Not to mention 10 layers of campfire smoke that clung to my hair. Real showers are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO awesome. Oh, toilets too. I mention this every year: The port-a-potties up there are for the MOST part, pretty decent. However sometimes you get in one and you just think, "what the?" Seriously, I know this is gross but I have to share because ... well.. it's funny and memory making. LOL!
I opened up the door to one and there was poo, smeared on the bottom part and over the seat. I mean really - - who DOES THAT? Oh and within this same one, scribbled on the door was a phrase that you couldn't help but read when you sat down, "Any girl that comes home from a date whistling, will poop on her pillow."
Pretty sure that wasn't Confucius inspired.
RSS Feed (xml)
1 comment:
i once wrote a short story about the things written on public bathroom stalls. the one you just quoted takes the cake. AWESOME.
Post a Comment