Ok ok ok.... so I admit.
There ARE benefits to being on Facebook!!
-lets back up-
Hubby and I have been approached numerous times over the past MONTHS with comments like, "Why aren't you guys on Facebook?"
"When are you getting on Facebook?"
"Oh my gosh, have you seen 'their' page on Facebook?"
"Are you coming to such and such event? You didn't know about it? Well it's on my facebook..."
Yup. Don't have it so.....seems we've been missing out on some things that people just don't email or call about anymore.
Perhaps all this Twitter/Facebooking stuff is the 'disease' of the times.
And, well....my husband has fallen victim to it. He's been infected with... not The Swine. . but:
F.A.C.E.B.O.O.K.
I did ALL I could. I really did! I wanted to protect him. I gave him antibiotics and wise words to try to prevent the contraction!
*sigh*
But I failed.
I couldn't resist the look on his face and how funny he was when he walked into my craft room and said, "Hun..." (he sighs) " I think it's time we step into the 90's and get on Facebook."
We both agreed the pros could outweigh the cons by far so.... ok fine! What the heck. Sign up!
So he did. And this is why I'm writing this post. Within the first day he received a friend request from a girlfriend of mine from high school! They went to college together and she noticed me in the wedding picture he posted. She couldn't believe we got married and had no clue where the connection would have been in getting to know each other. So her and hubby made immediate plans to meet up with her last night and man - WHAT A GREAT TIME WE HAD! It was so fun to connect again! Reminisced about high school days and Hubby and her reminisced about the days of college. (wow, I really missed out on Duluth! ha!)
I have yet to join - but I will. Emily brought me this hilarious senior picture we took together that I just HAVE to scan and put on here! It's a riot! And my permed hair - yeah - I was rockin' it.
*picture to come soon! Stay tuned!*
RSS Feed (xml)
4 comments:
Believe it or not.....Facebook was not created by the devil. HA! You are so old fashioned sometimes lady! LOL!
LOL! I know... I know....
It's about time lady!
Alyssa, your post is nice and all...but you never answered the real question which is...."When are YOU going to fall victim and join Facebook???" :)
Post a Comment