Hey look at me! A blog post! Isn't it amazing? I wanted to share my once-in-a-lifetime experience I had yesterday.
My friend and I met up at the local Pet Store and just visited with the animals and loved 'em up. (No we don't do this daily.) As we walked outside, we found ourselves talking for about an hour in the parking lot. We started laughing because whenever we're together, we just talk and talk and talk and it's in the most ODD places! Never at a table over a couple drinks or some good appetizers, or sitting on comfy couches or chairs or anything like that. No. It's usually outside in a driveway or parking lot or in the street.
(We live dangerously)
So as we talked, this car pulls up. Guy steps out of his car and I see something on his shoulder. Figured it was a bird right? 5 minutes go by and he comes out of the Pet Store and whadaya know.
IT WAS A RAT!
Just then, the insurance guy next door comes out. His name's Mike (I know everyone). He yells, "hey! nice rat! is it female?" Guy says, "Yup!" Mike continues on, "We used to have a few rats when the kids were younger, the females are just the best aren't they?"
My friend and I just stared.
I'm sorry - did we miss something? Is having a pet rat 'IN' ? And how on EARTH do two people out of four have past or current experiences owning rats????
So the conversation went on. We walked up to Mr. Guy and his rat, also known as Mia, as she was just sittin' on his shoulder. Lookin' around. Like no big deal. I was creeped. Especially creeped when I saw the tail. There is NOTHING more creepy than a rat's tail. blah!
BUT... I have to admit. It WAS cute (Mia's face). Mr. Guy explained to us how nice female rats were and how they NEVER bite. Ever. He was going to the store to pick up new bedding because he had cleaned her cage and decided to just bring her with. (How normal, right?)
My friend actually held Mia. She was the brave one. I pet Mia. That's as far as I'd go.
After a few moments, Mr. Guy had to leave, and so did we.
We laughed hysterically though at the fact that each day, you never KNOW what you're going to encounter but my my my.... God never ceases to surprise ANYONE!!!!!!!
So I can now... officially say.... I pet a rat.
I'll cross that off my list of "Things to do"....
RSS Feed (xml)
6 comments:
once upon a time, for a few days, i thought about getting ty a pet rat. then i was over it and told him to ask his dad instead.
exactly about the tails!
i do hear that they are incredible pets, though.
i wonder how your kitties would feel about you getting a rat. hmm.
Whiskey would think: Lunch!
Razz would think: Oh joy! A New Friend!
LOL!
Ahh...freaky! Sorry I don't care it is is "IN" I don't like RATS! Good for you on petting it tho and trying to pretend like Mr. Guy wasn't weird!
eeeeeeeeew. that's what i say. my bff growing up had pet rats and it always grossed me out. what a hilarious situation to find yourself in, though! good work.
Was it a fashion statement? Hmmm what to wear....a belt, nah.....a hat, nah....a shirt with sleeves, nah......my pet rat?? YEP! ha ha! Did your photo turn out?
Post a Comment