Friday, October 23, 2009

It finally happened...

After almost 5 years of living at my house, finally, the day came.
That day. Was today.
I managed to whack off the driver's side mirror while backing out of the garage.
Well okay it's not TOTALLY off. It's attached. Barely.
I managed to snap the casing back on (that had fallen to the ground) but that was about it. Now I just pray while I drive that the whole thing doesn't fly off.
I have a perfect view of the road though as it passes by the bottom of my car door. And I can see the shine on the road from car's headlights because, well, I'm now looking AT the road.
I was mad at myself for a little bit and kept thinking about how hubby always gets worried I'm going to hit my mirror on the side of the garage when I back out. And for the past 2 1/2 years he's been living there, I've managed to escape the situation. So I look forward to telling him later. HA!
*
But, I had to look at this derangement of my car in a positive light for two reasons.
1. Something was goofy with that mirror anyway. It would shake/vibrate terribly when I drove and I could barely define an image.
2. One of the songs that I happened to catch on the way in, "It Happens" by Sugarland.
God's a funny man I tell ya. Funny man indeed....
The funniest part is that I was singing along (the few words I know) and didn't even stop to think how perfectly timed this song was.
I then laughed to myself like a crazy woman as I thought about the color of the duct tape I was going to use for my mirror.

3 comments:

Kelli said...

I literally LAUGHED OUT LOUD!!!! I mean that sux, but man is that funny! poor Gurdie (er, what's your car's name again?)

SteelerWife said...

Gwendolyn was the first name as a joke and then... it kind of stuck. LOL!

Jolene said...

OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So did you use hot pink duct tape? :)
and was this post enough to warn Jeff so he wasn't surprised when he saw dangling bits?