Yesterday marked the first day...... I heard sleigh bells.
Yes. You heard me. Or... wait... that'd be... "yeah - you READ me..."
Listening to the radio the other day on my way home... I heard them. It was all christmasy and everything!
And I have to say - - even THOUGH the weather we're having right now is extremely weird and we had our first snowfall this past weekend... the sounds of Christmas got me excited!
Yes, I'm one of "those people" that have already started my Christmas shopping (started in August actually) and I already have my Christmas card planned out to make them! I LOVE Christmas. Love it, Love it! So seeing the snow only got me in the mood for the Holidays even more! And during my rampage of cleaning out our utility room the other weekend, I found our Christmas lights and these big ol' snowflake lights I bought. I can't WAIT to get them up!
This all reminds me of one of the first snow falls at my house. It was the quietest night EVER. I had no plans to go anywhere. I was the only one home. And I opened my front door and just stared at the snow gently falling. It was one of those warm winter nights where the snowflakes were HUGE and light and fluffy and not a SOUND could be heard anywhere. It was picture perfect and I'll never forget the sight :)
*
(next week it's going to be 60's again isn't it? My bubble will be popped! But I'll live)
RSS Feed (xml)
1 comment:
people like us don't talk to people like you this early about things like this.
Post a Comment