Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Why is it...

...that when you have a night with nothing planned, that sometimes you feel completely guilty that you're not doing SOMEthing?
I had a 'free night' last night. It was precious and much needed.
Left work early, went to the grocery store, went tanning (gotta get some color for a wedding I'm in!), then went home and visited with the cats. I took my camera and just snapped pictures of Whiskey and Razz as they sprawled out on the bed with me. They're so handsome :) I hope to post some pics soon - - along with that picture that I was SUPPOSED to scan a while ago of me and my friend Emily from high school. ugh. I'm terrible.
But so yeah, taking pictures, listening to Whiskey talk ( I SWEAR he believes you can understand him - he'll meow in the funniest way every time you say something to him!) And then all of a sudden I woke up and an hour and a half had passed by! Wow! I fell asleep! But I wanted to make dinner for the hubby so got up super fast to start cooking. And not sure if it was the sleepiness still in me or the speed that I got up (or a combination) but I actually lost my balance when I stood up and moved around! Was I drinking in my sleep?
Managed to gather myself and get down to the kitchen to make some dinner. Just in time for hubby to come home :)
We sat down with our TV trays, eating tater-tot casserole and watching the Twins.
*
Early out from work, nap, dinner, time with hubby = PURR-FECT NIGHT!
*
ADDENDUM: I find it funny that I was super excited to be in bed by 8:30 or 9 to get a good night's sleep and still.... I stayed up until 11:30 editing pictures... ?? What IS IT about photo editing that pulls me IN like that!??

6 comments:

Jolene said...

it's easy to lose track of time while editing. also - the nap totally helped or i bet you would have been ready a lot earlier. glad you got your evening to yourself. it does sound purrfect :)

Crystal said...

tatertot hotdish on the tv trays...so romantic! glad you got some free time and a nap!

SteelerWife said...

LOL! Crystal :)
We sold our dining room table months ago and our coffee table is out in the garage from when we had to make LOTS of room for company. We like how big the room feels w/o it. I wonder what insects will be living in our coffee table when we finally decide to lug it back in... Hmm...

Jolene said...

you sold your dining room table?????

SteelerWife said...

Well, Jeff did. (Knowing I didn't care for it much....) Some gal at work needed a table and he had a picture of ours on his phone and goes, "Wanna buy this one?" So it was sort of a "surprise" when I came home and he goes, "Hey hun, I sold our table."

OK then..... HA!

angie said...

kick the guilt. you NEED some time to just chill! (see my sabbitical post for a reminder:)) sounds like an excellent night to me.