These pics really don't do the show any justice but it gives you an idea of what these people's ENTIRE houses look like!
There was a gal in particular that used to drive around the neighborhood, three times a week, and go through people's garbage to 'salvage' things. Then another gal was shown in her kitchen, making macaroni & cheese for her son and she goes, "Can you go out into the garage and get me the medium-sized silver pan?" So here goes her son, climbing OVER things to get to the garage door and then has to climb OVER PILES of items, INCLUDING climbing on TOP of the car, and coming back with this pot. Now... I'm not sure what's worse - having to go to the GARAGE for a pan or not even noticing where you're storing the pan, is a garage?
It was unbelievable folks. I had never seen anything like it. I feel terrible for the people that do this. I'm sure I don't understand why they do this, just as much as THEY don't understand :( It was very sad to see - but luckily with the help of TLC's cast and connections, Professional Organizers were called in to help these people :)
BUT BECAUSE I was watching this, I thought of our utility room and I thought - I HAVE TO CLEAN IT! I DON'T WANNA BE A HOARDER!
So I spent 3 hours cleaning out our utility room (you could barely get the door open without hitting something) and filling the trash can in the garage, along with making a pile for goodwill, and filling up some shelves in the garage with old, packed-away dishes and tupperware that don't NEED to be in the house.
This morning, I walked by the room and opened the door, turned on the light, and smiled.
Turned the light off, shut the door, and headed to work.
MAN that feels good :)
RSS Feed (xml)
3 comments:
WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!
when you run out of spaces to dig out at your house, come visit my attic :)
yaaaay organizing!!! doesn't it feel GREAT? now, please feel free to come on over and take a stab at baby's closet or the basement storage space.
Lysso blog post = Motivation. What should I clean out tonight? My bathroom closet sounds like a good place to start!
Post a Comment