Tuesday, December 22, 2009

On A Mission...

Last night I was on a mission to get the last few things taken care of for Christmas. I THOUGHT I was pretty much done with shopping until I realized, nope! Still had a few last things to get! I'm off work at 3:30 and it was then, that I started my journey.
Stop #1: Target.
Stop #2: JC Penney
Stop #3: Archivers
Stop #4: Office Max
Stop #5: Kohls
Stop #6: Cub
Stop #7: Judy's house
Stop #8: Gas Station
Stop #9: HOME!
I was home by 6:20. Which I didn't think was too bad considering the traffic that was out and about in the stores. Holy buckets!!! I don't think I've ever really shopped the week of Christmas before because I don't remember the lines being that LONG... EVER! Or the mass chaos of drivers around the mall. yikes!
But I will say that I'm FINALLY done! Completely done!
*
Now... I just gotta get those darn CHRISTMAS CARDS OUT!
They'll be in the mail tomorrow - - that still counts right? If I get them mailed before Christmas? People don't need to GET them before Christmas .. it's the thought that counts, right?
*
*
Right?

7 comments:

Jack said...

Dang! That's impressive timing for all those stops! What's your secret?! LOL!

Jolene said...

Nice work!!! My favorite time to shop is after 8 at night. Everything slows down considerably then and it becomes much more bearable.

SteelerWife said...

The secret is to walk VERY fast, park in the first spot you see rather than driving around for a "close one," know exactly what you're there for, and swerve around all the slower moving folk in the stores - make your own path. Even if it means you have to weave in and out of racks and shelves.

Jack said...

I do all that, but when I'm in a store like Target, I always seem to find something that I wasn't there for and I contemplate too long of whether or not I should really get it. Ha!

Kelli said...

If you put "Happy Holidays" you're covered for xmas and new years...so then you're safe if they go out a little late. HA!

Crystal said...

I can just see you speeding through the stores...beep, beep!

SteelerWife said...

you should have heard me "gasping" in annoyance when I would get 'trapped' behind a doddler. HA! I was quickly reminded why I usually avoid stores this close to christmas..