Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Amputation

Remember my post about how I was pulling out of my garage and it VICIOUSLY attacked my side mirror? Well, the other day, my friend's husband took a look at it and said to me, with sad eyes, "I'm sorry but there's nothing we can do." I felt like I was in a Soap Opera and someone was telling me the worst news on earth!!! I wonder what my face looked like. I wanted to believe that there was SOME kind of adhesive out there, some glue, cement, tacky stuff, SOMETHING that could work! Stickers?
But... he was right. The mirror had to go. It was too heavy to give into some small adhesive.
As I looked at my car with sad eyes..... it's 'ear' was removed :(
It now lays in my back seat.
My car is unbalanced.
It only has one ear.
It can only help me see to the right now.
Now the search begins on getting a new one.
I miss being able to use that mirror - - and my neck and back would THANK me once I got a replacement. With the ol' rods in the back, I'm not that AGILE in the driver's seat!
*
So what I'm saying is... watch out drivers.
Object in car may be driving worse than she appears to be!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tony was bummed to be the bearer of bad news for you! He can fix anything.....but not that mirror, it was a goner. Time of death, 5:05pm. :( Drive safely!
-Missy

angie said...

sad.