Friday, February 19, 2010

Preparing to be One-Eyed-Willy

Remember One-Eyed Willy from Goonies? If not, rent the movie already!
(He's a pirate. With one eye)
*
Anyway, do you think it's possible for a certain part of your body to have a death wish?
This question crossed my mind last night while I was squeezing a lime.
It seems that whenever I'm doing something that involves the thought of "ok... make sure this does not get in your eyes" - something gets in them. And it's not really ever both eyes. It's just ONE of my eyes. And it's ALWAYS the eye that has the worst vision to begin with (my eyeglass prescription is slightly stronger on the right). And so yeah - it's the right eye that constantly gets 'abused.'
I clean the tub with Soft Scrub. Go a little too fast towards the side, the suds fly up in the air and splash me in the eye. The RIGHT one.
I'm peeling an orange and oops! Juice flies into my right eye.
I'm washing a square pan, I wash the corners of the pan at a high speed and SPLASH! Water runs up the side and splashes me in the eye. Again, the right.
I'm squeezing that lime, as mentioned above, and even though I have it aimed towards the bowl, a little bit manages to come up and get me in the eye. Again, the ... well, you get the 'eye'-dea of what I'm gettin' at. (look at me -I made a funny!)
*
And then there was another time where this eye fell victim. Involving a bean. As in my best pal Beanie (Jolene).
We were playing around in her basement with her photography equipment, setting up lighting so we could take pics of her kiddo's. She was showing me how a snoot worked. I'm not sure WHY I did this, but I looked down into the snoot w/one eye (my right of course) and at that precise moment, Beanie accidentally fired the flash and POOF!!!!!!! HEAVEN'S LIGHT WAS DIRECTLY BEAMED INTO MY EYE! Pretty sure for a split second she could see my brain.
I think I saw spots for days after that one. But man it was hilarious!!!!
It's a good thing God made our eyes so tough......... and that we have two to enjoy, in case we get too many food, chemicals and light in the other.

2 comments:

Jolene said...

laughing like crazy over here.
i'm so glad the flying gum did not land in an eye. :)

Missy said...

Oooooh a birthday or Christmas gift idea.....cooking safety goggles, and photography safety goggles, and maybe even some cleaning safety goggles too!?

You absolutely crack me up!!!