Friday, March 19, 2010

Memory Lane

They say the sense of smell is the strongest memory digger-upper. (not in those exact terms do they say that. that's just my interpretation)
My pal Jude brought in a newspaper and I stood at my desk and asked her, "Did you just go over and buy a paper?" 'Cuz I could smell it!
On top of it, the coffee was brewing and that, together with the newspaper immediately brought me back to my grandma/pa's house :)
Every time I would go over to their house I would usually spend the night and wake up to the smell of coffee and newspaper.
Grandpa would already be at work and grandma would have the Price is Right on or she'd have 'her shows' on. She'd always say, "I have to watch my story...." Which was of course, one of the infamous soap operas on TV. I believe it was The Young and The Restless. ahhh..... I can hear the tune now.......
{{sigh}}
Those were the days...........

No comments: