Thursday, May 13, 2010

So I'm not the most GRACEFUL one...

Last night, my Monavie Team and I went out to the local bar/restaurant to play some bingo and do a little scavenger hunt.
We had our bottles of juice on the table and had already had a couple people ask 'What is that?' - typically because people think it's wine.
Right when I noticed a guy drinking a tall beer (which was on the scavenger hunt list), I grabbed the bottle and grabbed a couple cups.
I took the bottle and started to shake it.
Well, what I DIDN'T KNOW was that the CAP was not twisted down on the bottle AT ALL!
You can only guess where I'm going with this right?
The juice went flying UP over my head, all over the restaurant wall, the window, the blinds, ME, and the guy sitting behind me, including a couple splashes of juice on his wife and daughter.
I just sat there - DUMBFOUNDED as the juice dripped off the side of my head and down my face AND all over my hand. I couldn't figure out HOW the cap wasn't on!? We had just taken the bottle out of our bag!
My friend Missy immediately busts out into laughter at what I did because I was soaked in it. But the man behind us thought she was laughing at HIM and got EXTREMELY upset. I apologized time and again and after I noticed he wasn't going to be an adult about it (I won't elaborate) I decided I was done talking with him. I don't have time for people that treat me like that.
So I went on my merry way of cleaning off the wall, the window, the blinds and my chair. Oh and my hair and face. Oh, and my purse. And the menus, etc etc.
I had asked Jeff if he would please talk to the man behind me and apologize again and give him our card so if there are any issues with cleaning his shirt, to please let us know and we'll take care of it.
At the same time, all my pals from the team went and talked to the guy (as I couldn't even face him) and told him time and again that Monavie does not stain. Which I know also - I've had to clean it a few times out of carpet and my own clothes. Hubby said the guy immediately calmed down and apologized and took his card.
I think he thought INITIALLY, it was wine and of course, that's tough to get out of anything.
(oh and did I mention he was wearing a white shirt? Monavie's purple for those that don't know)
They left shortly after as they were paying their bill anyway.
I just sat SHEEPISHLY in the corner and did not want to do ANY scavenger hunt! At least not at this place!
But I have to say that how my peeps handled the guy and stuck up for me, was amazing.
They helped calm the situation and didn't ONCE make fun of me or roll their eyes or chastise me for what I did.
We instead, laughed in the end because afterall... I was sitting there next to a juice soaked wall, napkins and was sticky and had crusty hair on the left side of my head.
So in conclusion I'd like to say this: Always make sure caps are on TIGHT before shaking ANYTHING and having a group of friends that give such awesome support IS PRICELESS and one of the BEST GIFTS EVER!
*
Now excuse me while I try to block this out of my memories.........

7 comments:

Jolene said...

My lower jaw is still on the ground. I'll let you know when I can form a complete sentence.

Jolene said...

Oh. and this totally beats my McCoke flight.

Jolene said...

Okay now I'm chuckling instead of standing with my mouth agape. You handled this with awesome grace. I think I would have cried and bolted :)

SteelerWife said...

The McCoke flight was PRETTY good though Bean. But I have to say, we now BOTH have moments of grace to relive :) Or... maybe we don't want to?

angie said...

OH MY GOSH. alyssa! hahaha oh my word, i don't know whether to laugh or cry! you POOR THING! it sounds like all ended well, and i give you tons of credit for holding it together. i think i would have actually sunk into the floor. way to go.
...
and now i'm going to giggle for a while.

Missy said...

OK I have to admit it, I'm STILL giggling inside my head about this one! Seriously, it's like I can still see it happening in front of me, only in super slow motion (so it's funnier)!! When I got home and told Tony what happened he had a chuckle or two also, then told me to never ever ever ever again tell an angry man not to swear! I guess that's a bad idea? I just thought he needed a parenting lesson being that his young kids were watching him very closely! Disgusting I tell ya!

What a fun night though, let's do it again minus the launching juice part OK!? :) I love you Alyssa!

Missy said...

P.S. For the record - I wasn't laughing at you, or at the splashing that had happened. I was only laughing because I've done the exact same thing with a bottle of juice, except I did it in the comfort of my own kitchen without any crabby people to spill on! :)