Perhaps some of you have heard the latest news article regarding Taco Bell and the lawsuit against them because they claim "seasoned beef or "seasoned ground beef." However a study on their beef showed their meat to contain LESS THAN 35% beef.
Ah yes... this story is all too familiar after watching Food Inc. (Watch the trailer!)
I think I've blogged about this before and how food quality is going downhill. (Which is also why the servings of fruits and vegetables keeps going up. I think it's at 6-9 servings right now?) Anyway -
Watch Food Inc if you haven't seen it. I ALMOST became a vegetarian - I actually still think about it from time to time.
I'll cut to the chase here...
There's a part of the documentary that shows you exactly what restaurants are putting into their beef. It's a lovely assortment of miscellaneous parts of animals (parts that obviously have meat on them however it's probably not the greatest of anything - or something that we should even be consuming), and it all gets ground up together, then tossed in a ginormous bin where the food spins around and gets washed in ammonia. Mmm...... right?
Then it's pressed out into big blocks and packaged up and sold as "filler."
This is the EXACT reason why places can sell their food so cheap. Say for instance...on a 'buck menu?' Or heck, Taco Bell's tacos are what? 69 cents or something?
Chances are, their beef isn't ALL beef.
-
And this, my friends, is why cancer is on the rise. It's our diets. It's due to a lack of good stuff and too much bad stuff. Mark my words.
-
I admit though - I'm kinda bummed about Taco Bell. I haven't had their food in about a year or more but dang... those tacos are Yum.E! This is quite the bummer :(
RSS Feed (xml)
4 comments:
Aww...I used to love the little old lady who would yell, "Where's the beef!!!???"
Although I hear what everyone is saying, there is something about biting into a crunchy beef taco from Taco Bell that is so appetizing!!!! I justify my "once-in-a-blue-moon" treat with knowing that between stress, trans fats, chemicals in the air, radiation at the airport, cell phone usage and 2nd hang smoke... we are all doomed! :D
That should read...2nd "hand" smoke...
Ewwwww.
This is sorta making me think I'll let Jeremy get a few more steers this spring. Yeah. Real meat is good. Thanks for the food for thought.
ew, just ... i'm not surprised, but ew.
Post a Comment