On Saturday, I decided to clean out Leighton's closet.
For those of you that have done this before, you know that if you're cleaning out one room, it is often required that you clean out ANOTHER as stuff is guaranteed to be moved around.
So I started in Leighton's closet and before I knew it, stuff was spilling out into his room, into the hallway, into the 'loft,' and over to our room. Our closet was rearranged as well that only added to the mess because now I had some of our things thrown onto the floor.
I cleaned for 4 hours.
I encourage you ALL to do this sometime because LOOK at all the fun things I FOUND!
-My Mittens! I thought I lost them. Initially I found one. I had about 3 pairs of gloves that I hate wearing but yet only 1 of the mittens I loved wearing. BUT FEAR NOT! I found my other one amongst the rubble!
-A hat I bought last year! I bought an off white one which I wear now but I remembered that I bought a black one last year. What in the world did I do with it!? Ah ha! There it was on top of a shelf in the closet with other 'cold weather' accessories. Makes sense right? duh.
-A TON of stuff I received at baby showers that was buried in a corner deep within the closet. Lots of clothes for Leighton too! It was like I went shopping without leaving the house or spending a dime!
-I found 3 gift cards to target when I went through my bin of "baby shower bags." They must have fallen out of the cards! SWEET!
-I found an envelope buried in my closet that held $30!!!! WHA? I know right?
*
Cleaning with extra rewards! Nothin' better.
Now, if only my wallet would turn up. It's been missing for about 4 months.
RSS Feed (xml)
3 comments:
...and in that wallet you'll find $200 cash!
Isn't it great to have clean closets? Do you ever stand back and look at your masterpiece when you are all done? I do after I clean my bedroom!
I'm glad you found some surprises along the way. Maybe it will inspire Jeff when he cleans the utility room :)
hmm this is pretty inspiring ... i'll think about it. i've got a few lost items, too.
As I'm reading this I'm asking over and over - did she find the wallet??? DARNIT! Sorry dear. I hope it shows up soon. Did you look in the wig in the car?
Post a Comment