I'm glad people find humor in my conversations...
I went over to Dunn Bros this morning to get a coffee. Yes, after walking 2 blocks through the blistering cold to get inside our cozy work building from my parking lot, I decide to bundle back up and go out for a coffee. And drag my pal Judy with me...
I decided I wanted to try something new. "I'll try a caramel mocha latte." and of course in my head I'm thinking about how I can make this NOT so bad for myself.
"Do you have sugar-free caramel?"
Kevin Bacon: Yup.
Ok so it really isn't THE Kevin Bacon but dang it, it could be his younger twin!
So of course, Judy and I always giggle when he's there. Because well, he's a good lookin' guy and looks like the FOOTLOOSE GUY!
Anyway where was I....
Sugar free caramel. Yes. They had it. Perfect.
"Can I have skim milk too please?"
Yup.
I get my total of $3.75 (for a SMALL! EEK! Shoulda went into the coffee business)
Then Kevin goes, "Would you like whip cream?"
Me: "Oh sure, lets add that sugar back in with that..."
Kevin: "We have sugar-free chocolate too, did you want that?"
I had a look of surprise on my face - who asks if you want SUGAR FREE CHOCOLATE? I mean - isn't there a LAW against sugar-free chocolate?
Me: "Um... heck no! Lets not ruin the WHOLE thing! Regular chocolate is good!"
And the whole time I'm ordering this, I'm just cracking up and poor 'Kevin' has to remember all my tedious requests while he makes the drink.
He was laughing too though so it's all good.
The gal behind the register though - she wasn't laughin' so much. Oh well. Lighten up sister.
So the coffee was done and 'Kevin' goes, "Well, here it is. It's quite the monstrosity!"
I thanked him for paying attention to detail and I'm sure because HE made it, it would be wonderful! Ok so I didn't say that out loud but I was thinking it in my head. Just 'cuz I know he makes really good fu-fu coffees. There's another gal there too that does a great job but EVERY NOW AND THEN, you get that one that just totally ruins your $4/$5 investment.
Some day we'll find out what Kevin's real name is.
But for now, I think I'll just start whistling Footloose whenever I go in - see if he catches on...
RSS Feed (xml)
2 comments:
I always think I'm gonna try something new and exciting when I walk into a coffee shop. The reality is, I get nervous because I don't know what to get so I always end up getting a green tea. I'm happy to hear you took a gamble and tried something new. As long as you continue to flash your beautiful smile, I'm sure "Kevin" will make whatever you want!
btw...I am happy to see you used the word "anyway" and not "anyways." :)
I'm with Molly. I almost never stray from my regular. Although... one time last year when I had a rare trip to Starbucks, I got to try a free sample of raspberry-flavored coffee. I now have something to choose between when I go - raspberry or vanilla. Man, life is FULL of tough choices, isn't it. :)
p.s. Fat-free chocolate is nasty. You made a good call.
Post a Comment