I recently came down with yet another lovely cold, perhaps compliments of LT and his life at daycare.
I feel like poo.
I didn't turn on the humidifier last night so woke up this morning with a sore throat and trying to cough with a dry throat is pretty much comparable to swallowing a cockle bur.
I get into the bathroom and poof! I'm an instant teenager! I have little pimples all over and my skin is incredibly blotchy! WTH!? I'M MORTIFIED! We're supposed to be leaving for FL tomorrow and I can't be lookin' like this if I'm going to be out in the sun!
After I cover it up the best I can, I head into work hoping no one can see my face.
I get here and the second I open the door, the alarm goes off. Security has been known to do this. They set the alarm on 'instant' so the second you open the door, BAM!
I'm annoyed because they do this all the time and I'm tired of calling and saying, "Hey, it's me, we're fine. The alarm was set on instant." -I'd only sound like a broken record. And being that I'm having an icky morning as it is, with my teenager face, I was being stubborn and refused to call.
So 5 minutes later, Security comes through.
It's a gal I haven't seen before and I tell her what happened and then I actually said, "Yeah it's just me here and I didn't call because I was annoyed. That alarm gets set to instant a lot."
Talk about a great first impression huh?
And now that I'm seen as a snot by Security, and I look like an acne-prone teenager, I'd like to go home and get in bed again.
Anyone have any clues as to what's going on with my skin!?????
Does being sick do this? I did have chills yesterday and then I started sweating! Think I got pretty hot last night too.
RSS Feed (xml)
2 comments:
Yikes. Time to read Alexander and
The No Good Horrible Day! And then maybe go home and crawl back into bed, and start over again. I'll cross my fingers that your work volumes are a little low so you can leave early.
Hope you feel better - or that at least the Florida air ends up being incredibly healing :)
Aw, gee whiz, I hope you feel better soon so you can enjoy your trip! A getaway sounds like the perfect medicine for you! :)
Post a Comment