You know what's fun? Paying off a loan.
You know what's NOT fun? Writing out the check ahead of time, believing you're paying the remaining balance, only to get a receipt showing your next payment's due date. For what?
Oh you know, that interest that collected over the past week of $1.11.
*
Can't ya just ask me, 'hey, there's only a buck left on here. Got a dollar on ya?'
RSS Feed (xml)
2 comments:
LOL. Okay that would be super annoying. I'm glad there weren't any extra surprise zeros on it, though :) Congrats on paying the loan off. That is ALWAYS a good feeling!
Owwww...seriously???
That makes me mad.
On Friday I contacted Kohls about the same thing. I had opened a charge card with them before Christmas to take advantage of the discount for my luggage I had to purchase. When I got my bill, I mailed them a check for the amount in full. Well, I noticed it was never cashed until like 2 weeks later. Sure enough, I get a bill in the mail saying I never paid it on time so they charged me a late fee and interest on top of it. I was like, "These crooks! They intentionally wait to cash my check until after the deadline so they can charge me interest and a late fee." I called them and they credited my account, but, I couldn't believe that!
These companies do this sort of thing because they figure most people don't have the time or desire to fight it, so they just pay it.
I'm happy to hear you got your loan paid off. What a great accomplishment ;)
Post a Comment