Friday, July 29, 2011

Ah..Synthesizers

Last night I went to the Journey/Foreigner/Night Ranger concert. HOW COOL WAS IT? VERY COOL! As I was telling my boss yesterday that I was going to the concert, she asked if she would have to occasionally shake me to wake me up at my desk today. I told her, maybe. Then I opened up my piece of Dove -Dark Chocolate, and the little message inside the wrapper said, "Sleep Late Tomorrow." I made sure to show my boss as she's the one that BROUGHT the chocolate in. However, I didn't sleep in. But I'm still singing Journey songs and Foreigner songs in my head. I have to admit that when I found out Steve Perry was NOT with the band anymore, and this little Filipino dude was singing, I was worried. BUT........ THAT LITTLE Fillie DID AWESOME! It was so WEIRD to see him and hear 'that' kind of a voice coming out of him! He was phenomenal! And Foreigner.........wow. I might have to actually admit they were a LITTLE MORE of my favorite because I knew EVERY. SINGLE. SONG! I've never been good with knowing what artist sang what song because I was too young to care in the 80's - I just knew what songs I liked. So it was a WONDERFUL surprise to know that Foreigner sang so many songs that I knew and loved!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

As much as I LOVE Journey, I agree, Foreigner was my favorite of the night! Every song was awesome. I'm glad you and Katy came with me to the concert. I had a super fun time. My ears are barely ringing anymore! LOL!