Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Donuts

Every time I eat a donut, I'm brought back to when I was little and would go grocery shopping with my mom. My brother never liked to go so I'd go. We'd get to Rainbow (as my mom worked there), and she'd get a paper, then we'd go to the left to the donut counter and I'd pick one out. I would either get the Glazed Twist donut or the Maple donut. Holy cow those things were good! (still are) Brings me back to the simple days of playing outside with my brother and making forts with towels over the lawnchairs, while I sat underneath them and played with legos. My legos. Not my brother's as he would KILL ME if I brought his outside. (Remember, he would make me lay out a sleeping bag and play with them on there and if ANY made their way OFF the blanket, I'd get reprimanded.)

**sigh**

Brothers. Gotta love 'em :)

Donuts too.

3 comments:

angie said...

mmm, donuts. and that is too funny about your brother! type A, much? :)

Jolene said...

dooooonuts.
yes please.
but seriously - who likes maple donuts as a child? are you sure we're "related?" i need to devote some time to thinking through this.

NASHVILLE HIP CHICK said...

Those are such cute memories. I could just see you with a little smirk on your face walking around Rainbow with your mother...excited for that doughnut! Haha! Just think of all the fun memories you'll get to create and pass down to Leighton!