We had to put onyx down on Monday the 17th and what I have today is a little clay impression of her paws that'll I'll carry with me everywhere.
The fluids she was receiving became too much for her and ended up going into her lungs and filled her body. Her little heart wasn't strong enough to take it and was on oxygen when I last saw her. Thank you to everyone who called or text or sent flowers. I appreciate everything and the prayers that were said. I'm sorry for anyone who has ever lost a pet. My heart is torn in two and it's going to be hard to get past the "routines" I'm so used to with her. I'm just going to encourage that anyone who has a pet, always give them your time and never take it for granted. It's hard to think about the good times, when you feel like there's more you could've done, because that's what you focus on. Onyx was the perfect cat and was my little support pillow through all the hard times in my life, since I was 9. I'd do anything to get her back, but I know she was old and probably not comfortable in the times I thought she was fine. Tough kitties tend to hide their pain. She was definitely one of the strongest.
She was my first and best pet.
I will never forget her.. ever.
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
RSS Feed (xml)
2 comments:
oh lyss, i'm so sorry about onyx. :( i hope the shade lifts for you soon.
What a beautiful and touching post. Our prayers won't stop now - they'll just shift to comforting you...
Post a Comment