Sunday, March 16, 2008

Tender Care




Well, after spending 4 hours at Emergency Care, Onyx was determined to be in kidney failure. Whether or not it was from medications I had her on, we're not sure yet. But we'll know by morning. If it IS from the medications, it's irreversible and we'll have to say goodbye. But I'm praying really hard it's not, and she'll make a recovery. We have a 50/50 chance. But I'll do whatever it takes to before any extreme actions are taken. She's staying the night at Urgent Care to get fluids and run other tests to determine exactly what's going on and what her chances are of recovery. Continue to Pray for Onyx please :( She's a toughy so I hope she's still got it in her...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
QUEENTO1 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
QUEENTO1 said...

Lys, I'm so sorry about Onyx. I'm thinking of you both tonight. I know how hard this is for you.

(having issues today...that's why there are two previously deleted comments. ugh.)

SteelerWife said...

Thanks Kelli :) Leaving in a bit to go get her, hopefully...

Jolene said...

Lyss!! :( I'm sorry sweetie. I sure wish I would have read this yesterday. Yes, of course I'll say a prayer and no, it's not a weird request... xo