Not that I was late today, but I was thinking about my mornings and how much time I actually lose in getting ready because I'm distracted by the cats - which usually leads to me running around frantically about 5 minutes before I have to leave, gathering up lunch and other snacks and perhaps bills to mail!
In the mornings, I open the door and the kitties bolt in! They're so happy and instantly start purring and they go bug dad as he tries to continue sleeping. I then call them out of the room (I'm so glad they listen - now if they only learned when they're BAD this quickly). I put my things in the bathroom and we make our way down the stairs. Oh how my skills for going down the stairs have improved. I may have mastered it actually, because not only do I descend to the living room in a drunken slumber with one eye half open, but I have to dodge the swirling torture tornado of the kitties running in between my legs - sometimes meeting the wrath of my foot as it knocks them over. But they recover quickly to get that soft food.
I feed the little monsters, watch and make sure Razz the piggy doesn't eat Whiskey's food when he's done (Hubby calls him 'the hoover'), then I proceed with my morning getting-readies. (I love my new words)
When the kitties are done eating, they make their way back up the stairs and cry in the bathroom at me, until I pick them up or love them. So I have to take a time out and love each one - pick them up, give them a good scratch. Razz always tries to eat my hair, no no! Whiskey just closes his eyes and tries to bury himself in my neck and purrs away. They're so stinkin' cute!
So as I'm trying to bend down and pick up Razz this morning, I'm bent over next to the sink of course (cuz we're still in the bathroom) and Whiskey decides I'm a chair. So he walks off the sink and onto my back and lays down! I look up so I can see him in the mirror and he just looks at me like, "what?" He continues to get all comfy and hang his paws over the side of my shoulder and purrs in my ear - while Razz is still on the floor crying because his brother's higher than him.
Can you stand the cuteness????? ugh! I hate ruining Whiskey's relaxation but I tell them, "mommy needs to get ready!" So I tilt so Whiskey slides off gracefully to the sink. They then both sit patiently on the sink and watch me do my make up and hair. Whiskey usually curls up in the sink and starts to fall asleep but then decides to take my blush brush from my bag (his new 'love') and runs off with it in his mouth, growling - as Razz is on the sink digging down into the drawer to find a hair binder to play with. So then I spend a few more minutes watching Whiskey and once again claiming ownership of my things!
This is a daily routine we have.....it's amazing I get to work on time ANY day.
-
*sigh*
'Tis the life of me..
RSS Feed (xml)
1 comment:
oh for adorableness sakes! that is pretty cute. way to go. i wouldn't be able to tear myself away, i'm sure.
Post a Comment