I think my morning needs a shot of espresso. wait. Maybe two shots, cuz no matter how much I reposition myself this morning in my completely uncomfortable office chair, my head tilts to the side. Kid you not. Right now, I'm typing with my head tilted to the right. My neck isn't strong enough to hold up my brain today. Which can only mean one thing. I'm really still actually sleeping. It's only my fingers that are awake.
It just baffles me on why some days, I can get here to work, be totally revved up, read some funny blogs, write some emails, and oh yeah - do actual "work" - laugh and start conversations that are joked about all day long. And other days, like today, I don't even want to talk to anyone (in person I should say, I'm always up for an 8-hour Chat session!) Maybe it started with the fact my alarm goes off WAY too early. (Oh and p.s. Bean - you know how my alarm clock has a couple LED lights out, well now another went out and now on both sides of the clock, we can't tell if we're going to wake up to music or nothing at all. Hubby got to experience the 'nothin at all' yesterday) Anyway - 5:20am is just insane. Then I realize it's my friend's dad's birthday tomorrow and I hadn't made a card! So hurried up with my getting ready so I'd have time to put something together. I did it. Success! Made my way towards the door and whadaya know, can't find my keys. Did the same thing yesterday. Before I started crying out of frustration, like the sap I am, I saw them on the table. I swear they have legs. That 'no-name' key always did look a little weird.
Approaching the freeway, I get a spectacular light show with the lightning and then another light comes into view which only IMMEDIATELY turns on my red eyes and steam that blows out my ears. Traffic. Dead stop. What in the WORLD could be going on! It's only RAIN PEOPLE! This only made me realize winter wasn't too far away and the roads were only going to get more craptastic. Not to mention the bus will probably be later too which means I'll have to change my hours - again. So I got off the freeway and took side roads in. (Thank you K102 for sharing the traffic update and explaining the accident on 35E) I putzed my way through the streets to downtown. Clocked in late. Crap. oh well.
My work pal's off today too which only means the day will be extra boring. I've balanced my checkbook with crossed eyes, checked in with friends on email, checked out some of my favorite sites and blogs, picked the fuzzies off my wrist guard by my keyboard....
All while still holding my head to the side.
Maybe I need a V8.
RSS Feed (xml)
1 comment:
so if they were side by side, the Caribou and the V8 - which would you drink first and why...
The lightshow was amazing this morning. On my way to work I was wishing I had grabbed my camera (not that it would have done any good - but that's half the joy of wishing). Sorry about the traffic though - don't miss that a bit! I love my smoother sailing roads.
Post a Comment