Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Stage Fright

I've just learned the meaning of a poem that's printed on a run-down poster at our cabin:
Sometimes I sits and thinks and sometimes I just sits.
-
You know what's more mortifying than going into a bathroom that LOOKS empty, then you discover someone's in there and you STILL insist on going? ...or maybe not go?
Bravely, I walked into the stall here at work and shut the door as the other person worked in the other part of the room (it's also a conference room - nice huh?)
My blood pressure reached a boiling point of embarrassment as I sat down to tinkle and have NOTHING. happen.
Devastated, I sat there. In silence. Wondering what the person on the other side of the door is thinking. That I have to go #2 and I can't cuz she's in there? ugh! really - I don't have to do that!
I even closed my eyes thinking I could disappear or create a stream...
But instead I sat there wondering why the HECK can't I go!!!! Where'd you go urine? WHERE ARE YOU? Don't leave me hanging!
-
After accepting my denial, I gained composure and stopped 'TRYING' to go in fear of losing everything in my bowels. I gathered up my strength, flushed the toilet as if I actually did something 'cuz you never know when the case of the incredible silent pee phenomenon strikes again, and I go to the sink to wash my hands and comment out loud,
"Guess I DIDN'T have to go." Followed by a chuckle.
-
Smooth Lyss - real smooth. I'm sure she cared.

4 comments:

Missy K said...

So, have you ever walked into a bathroom and find yourself OVERWHELMED by the smell, but you have to pee (only pee) so bad you go in anyway? Then, you walk out of the bathroom just when someone else is walking IN and they thing YOU made the horrible poopy stink in there!? I just hate that! ha ha ha!
-Missy
P.S. this is my 1st comment EVER - whoa, hold onto your seats!

SteelerWife said...

LOL! Welcome Missy!!!!!!! Glad you could make it!

Jolene said...

HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

angie said...

hahahah lyss!!! this is the exact same disorder i have!!! i live in eternal fear of the public restroom for just this reason. i've so done this, but i never point it out to the other person involved. :) hehe